Planescape - Divided We Stand • Chapter 1: The Drawing of the Five

Antithetist

First Post
Completely failing to register anything the dwarf said, Khalil considers Vorrin's question. "Sigil... the Beastlands... I have heard these names," he says with a frown. "There are those among my people, mystics and sorcerors, who speak of other realms, other planes of existence, but I never thought to take them quite so... literally..." in consternation he falls silent, considering. He still finds it difficult to imagine that his current situation can possibly be a physical reality, but increasingly he is convinced of its importance, even if be some kind of dream. "I do not know how to answer your question satisfactorily," he says eventually. "My homeland is called Al-Aqadar by its people."

He nods at Etrigan's spur to action. "Very well then," he says. "The servants of this place can offer no information as to any exits? Then as you say, I suppose a search is in order."

OOC: Knowledge: the Planes 1d20+7=15

Hope I'm about right in my assumptions of what that check result means?

Baronsquee

First Post
Vorrin eyes Khalil warily, never taking his gaze from the human, as he speaks. Once Khalil has explained his origin, Vorrin takes the time to speak a single word.

"Prime."

Vorrin shrugs and ambles over to Etrigan, making ready with his old shortsword to face whatever is behind whichever door Etrigan is choosing to open.

ethandrew

First Post
Pinder continued to stay quiet, he wanted to contribute to the conversation of what was being discussed, but he didn't know this Sigil, this Beastlands, Prime, or anything. He heard the words Monkey and Dog, those he knew, and he was no monkey. The act of calling an ape a monkey, back in his land, was egregious, to say the least.

Shayuri

First Post
Etrigan doesn't appear to have selected a door yet though.

"A moment, then, while I utilize my divinitory arts to discern which door is safe to pass through..."

He made some dramatic gestures and murmured strange, dark chants...then opened his eyes suddenly and whirled around to stare imposingly at a door behind him. The door didn't seem impressed by his theatrics, but the dim glowing of his eyes suggested SOMETHING had happened.

(Detect Magic...I'd like to scan a few nearby doors for magical auras, especially Abjurations.)

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Etrigan sensed only one of the doors leading out of the larger room had any magical power. To his eyes, it shimmered brilliantly, denoting a very strong aura. As he examined the other doors, he noticed further magical auras beyond. He saw a fairly large, strong aura glimmering from beyond the door Feleghost had pointed out, behind which strange voices gibbered and barked. There was an immense, powerful aura off toward the far end of the house, at the edge of his magical vision, behind a thick oak door with a frosted glass transom. He also saw four tiny, faint auras behind a plain wooden door with a brass handle.

hella_tellah-albums-planescape-divided-we-stand-picture1169-map3.png

[sblock=Nota Bene]
Etrigan has no ranks in Spellcraft, so he cannot determine the schools of magic involved when he casts detect magic.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Hah! I knew I forgot something. Ah well, Beguilers must spread their skill points so thin, I suppose I had to cut something. Next level...next level...)

Etrigan slowly rotates in place, one hand held up to the side of his head as if listening, and his eyes shining an eerie blue sheen.

"My senses pierce the walls of this place," he said in a creaky, monotone voice. "I see the power... Yes."

He whirled and points at the door to the west. "That door stinks of magic. It may have mystic wards on it. If not, the door is powerfully ensorcelled, and is not what it seems. The other doors seem mundane enough...but what is beyond them...there is the real mystery. Powerful spells and objects abound. For now, I recommend caution going to the east, as there is power through that door that dwarfs anything I've seen before."

"Beyond that, the noises through that door..." he nods at Feleghost and the door he's indicating, "...suggest caution to me as well. Strange, gibbering voices rarely indicate anything GOOD amongst the planes." He grimaced. "Especially in Limbo."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Not sure what to do, Feleghost moves to the other door and tries to listen and search for traps.

Taking 20 on search(27). and a 21(wooot!) on listen

Baronsquee

First Post
After a few minutes of inspecting the room, Vorrin nods to the others, and heads for the double doors on the southern wall of the western passage. With his shortsword in hand, he waits for the others to prepare themselves before reaching for the door handle and casting the door open.

Remove ads