D&D 5E Planescape shows up in the wild. Tease from Chris Perkins.

darjr

I crit!
I really do not understand the Tony art complaint.

They are both amazing and def Tony’s work.

IMG_8292.jpeg
IMG_8293.jpeg

I don't mind either cover art, but to my mind DeTerlizzi's worked better in the older format, little monochrome vignettes in the corner of pages rather than big full-colour front cover pieces. The backdrops etc filling out the covers just seem a bit blank and unfinished. It worked in the old pieces because he just faded to grey around the edges and it worked fine, but I'm not so sure about it here. Still, i can't judge until I've seen it in person.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I really do not understand the Tony art complaint.

They are both amazing and def Tony’s work.

View attachment 295040View attachment 295042
No one is saying the new stuff is bad, but it isn't the same as it was, and as using him in the new product was clearly because he was associated with the brand originally, his presence here now serves no purpose other than to entice fans of his older style to buy something they otherwise might not.

darjr

I crit!
No one is saying the new stuff is bad, but it isn't the same as it was, and as using him in the new product was clearly because he was associated with the brand originally, his presence here now serves no purpose other than to entice fans of his older style to buy something they otherwise might not.
His presence is a glorious use of his gifts and talent to grace something that is part of his legacy.

Remove ads