• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Planescape shows up in the wild. Tease from Chris Perkins.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Again. Wow. Really? Rosy? Watch the Greg Tito intiview with him. He’s almost giddy.
Him being happy about it doesn't change why WotC would hire him, or the fact that he no longer resembles his style from the last time he worked on D&D (said style being a big reason why Planescape is well-remembered).

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Him being happy about it doesn't change why WotC would hire him, or the fact that he no longer resembles his style from the last time he worked on D&D (said style being a big reason why Planescape is well-remembered).
I invite you to reacquaint yourself with that art. You can easily see that his art was evolving throughout the publication of Planescape, and you are clearly making more of the difference than is warranted. The sketchy, angular stuff you are lamenting was literally just the first year.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Yes, that is exactly the same thing as criticizing criticism and the attitude behind it.
"My opinion about your opinion (and, by extension, about you as a person) is no less legitimate than your opinion about a thing" overlooks the fact that it's not about legitimacy; it's about the fact that passing judgment on other people, as opposed to things, is a crappy thing to do.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I invite you to reacquaint yourself with that art. You can easily see that his art was evolving throughout the publication of Planescape, and you are clearly making more of the difference than is warranted. The sketchy, angular stuff you are lamenting was literally just the first year.
Just did. None of that stuff resembles the work he's doing now as far as I'm concerned, and I never "lamented" the loss of anything more specific than "the work he did on Planescape". Your claim about the "sketchy, angular stuff" is not something I said.

To me it's clear that you simply like his new art and think it's a good fit for Planescape. Just say that if that's what you mean. And if I'm wrong, what do you mean?

Remove ads