• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape: Tale of the Clueless ~OOC

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
oh sure, no problem.. basicallty any WotC book, i can allow since i have it most likely :)

though you could avoid all that hassle and go for the uskblade from PHII, which works out better IMHO, without the need for multiclassing and prestige classes.

edit: oops, not quite sure how that double post happened but it wont again, honest :p

Ambrus

Explorer
Nalfeshnee, are we going to be starting in Sigil or somewhere else? Are we going to start off knowing each other or are we going to role-play our meeting?

Ambrus

Explorer
Sounds good. Since you seem fond of certain character types I was wondering if there might be any suggestions you'd like to offer in regards to my sorcerous kobold. Is there anything which might tie in particularly well with the campaign you have planned?

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
i do like the sorcerer-only spells from RotD, though to be honest i havent read the book too much. i was quite disappointed by the content. i found the new races very weak in character and mechanics when compared with those from the other Race of... books (like raptorans, goliaths and, my favourates, the illumians). though the rest of the content (mainly that dealing with kobolds and their society) i found interesting.

Last edited:

I've always wanted to play in a Planescape campaign! I'm thinking of either a ranger or a druid; is one more appropriate for your campaign? Let me think about it a little more and I'll post something later tonight or tomorrow.

Dichotomy

Explorer
I think I've finally decided what I want to play. I plan to have a Paladin/Bard with the Devoted Performer feat and perhaps heading for Seeker of the Song at later levels.

Nalfeshnee said:
oh sure, no problem.. basicallty any WotC book, i can allow since i have it most likely :)
Is this meant to imply that we will later be able to use books other than those specifically mentioned in the first post? There are a couple of things from other sources that I'd like to be able to grab later (Words of Creation and Snowflake Wardance are examples).

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Drota Stonebreaker
Female Orc Cleric 3 of Luthic

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Patron Deity: Luthic
Region: Vaasa
Height: 6' 0''
Weight: 199
Hair: Black
Eyes: Amber
Skin: Olive

Str: 14 (+2) [+4 racial]
Dex: 12 (+1)
Con: 13 (+1)
Int: 8 (-1) [-2 racial]
Wis: 13 (+1) [-2 racial]
Cha: 12 (+1) [-2 racial]

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=562912

Class and Racial Abilities:
+4 Str, -2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha, darkvision 60 ft., light sensitivity (dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell). Divine spells, ability to rebuke undead 4/day, Cavern and Family domains, aura of chaos.

Stonecunning (granted power from Cavern domain): This ability grants Drota a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. When Drota merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework she can make a Search check as if she was actively searching, and Drota can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. Drota can also intuit depth, sensing her approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.

Family domain granted power – As a free action, Drota can protect a number of creatures equal to her Charisma modifier with a +2 dodge bonus to AC. This is a supernatural ability that lasts 1 round per level. An affected creature loses this protection is it moves more than 10 ft. from Drota. She can affect herself with this ability.

Cannot become shaken and ignores effects of shaken condition (though can become frightened or panicked), due to Blooded feat.

Hit Dice:3d8+3
HP:23
AC: 18 (+1 Dex, +7 armor) [touch 11, flat-footed 17]
ACP: -5
Init: +3 (+1 Dex, +2 Blooded)
Speed: 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)

Saves:
Fortitude +4 [+3 base, +1 Con]
Reflex +2 [+1 base, +1 Dex]
Will +4 [+3 base, +1 Wis]

BAB/Grapple: +2/+4
Melee Atk: +5 (1d8+3/x2/P, MW Spear)
Melee Atk: +6 (1d4+2/x2/P, MW spiked gauntlet)
Ranged Atk: +3 (1d10/19-20/x2/120 ft./P, heavy crossbow)

Skills:
Healing +6 [5 ranks, +1 Wis]
Knowledge (religion) +0 [1 rank, -1 Int]
Listen +1 [0 ranks, +1 Wis]
Spot +3 [0 ranks, +1 Wis, +2 Blooded]

Feats:
Blooded (regional, bonus feat)
Weapon Focus (spiked gauntlet) (1st level)
Divine Vigor [ComDiv] (3rd level)

Languages: Orc, Damaran, Common

Spells Prepared – Cavern and Family domains
Save DC +1
0th - detect magic x3, detect poison x2.
1st - bane, doom, magic weapon. (D) – bless.
2nd - lesser restoration. (D) – darkness.

Equipment
MW spear – regional equipment
+1 banded mail with armor spikes – 1,450gp
MW Spiked gauntlet – 305gp
Heavy crossbow – 50gp
40 bolts – 4gp
Wand of cure light wounds – 750gp
Belt pouch – 1gp
Cold weather outfit – 8gp
2 daggers – 4gp
Backpack – 2gp
Travel rations (20 day’s worth) – 10gp
Bedroll – 5sp
50ft. silk rope – 10gp
Traveler’s outfit (free)

Money
105gp, 5sp

Appearance: Drotha is a tall and muscular orc woman, with long black hair braided with small bones, and unusual amber eyes. Her deep olive skin is scarred and tattooed in deliberate patterns of animals and weapons. She wears hulking banded armor, spiked fearsomely, bears a spiked gauntlet on one hand.

Personality: Drotha is very protective of those she considers children, but has typical orcish (which is to say, bad) reactions to elves and their kin. Violence is her byword, though not her only one. She is a healer and a mother, but one in a very warlike society. As men are considered supreme in orc society, Drotha is used to working around various rules and restrictions where she can.

Background: Drota Stonebeater was a mother of six strapping orc warriors, and another five healthy orc wives. Wife of the chief hunter of the Stonecrusher orc tribe, Drota served her people well with her services as a midwife and protector of children. She taught her sons rudimentery healing to keep them alive during battle, and gave her daughters the knowledge of how to protect their own mates and children as well as they could.

She is a fairly simple woman, seemingly content with her role in the tribe; to ensure the next generation of orc warriors, and to heal the ones they have. However, her own outward complicity hides the necessary deviousness of her kind. Orc women are not allowed to use weapons, yet must protect their families, must always submit to their men, yet show no fear in the face of the hated elf warriors. Though outwardly compliant, Drota holds the wiles of all mothers, and is able to do far more than she presents.

Drota is a protector and healer, but she comes from a strong warrior tradition. She defers to men, but knows what to say to get what she must. Driven by necessity, this orc mother could rise from humble beginnings to be something far greater than fate ever imagined...

Last edited:

Gli'jar

First Post
Can we start with regional or world specific feats? Since you like the dwarven paragon idea I will stick with that and flesh him out a bit more.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads