Spelljammer Planetar, solar, . . . what other 'celestial-object-plus-ar' could we make angels out of?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Metear? Meteorar?

It is only a meteor when it ceases to be a celestial object and falls. A Meteron might be a fallen celestial, then...

Asteroid doesn't turn into anything mellifluous.

So maybe Sattelar?

The asteroids that sit in stable locations in a planets orbit, sitting in Lagrange Points, are called Lagrangian or Trojan asteroids. Lagrangar is long. Trojar, however, works well.

One might have Constellars, or Zodiars...

Stormonu

Legend
It is only a meteor when it ceases to be a celestial object and falls. A Meteron might be a fallen celestial, then...

Asteroid doesn't turn into anything mellifluous.

So maybe Sattelar?

The asteroids that sit in stable locations in a planets orbit, sitting in Lagrange Points, are called Lagrangian or Trojan asteroids. Lagrangar is long. Trojar, however, works well.

One might have Constellars, or Zodiars...
Maybe an Umbrar?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Nebular, Pulsar, Twinklar:)
Centuars - cross between a comet and an asteroid
Cometars
Transitars - live at the periphery
Resonatars - live in direct resonance with their Planetaar
Cubewanars - live in darkness, out of resonance

Last edited:

Mercurius

Legend
Pieceofjunkar:

1698359862384.png

Stormonu

Legend
I'd always wondered where the Solar & Planetar choice had come from, thinking it might have something to do with the Platonic view of the solar system. If someone has knowledge why the names were chosen, I'd certainly like to hear it.

That said, I could see celestials grouped by planet name

Mercurial
Venusian
Terran/Gaian
Martian
Jupitarian
Saturian
Neptunian
Uranium (?)
Plutoium (?)
Why not an angel called a Celestial/Celesetar that is the "model" for the others? Maybe even a "Star"?

Celestials might have groups, or possibly overlords named
Nebulon
Constellatorium
Stellarium
Galaxium

Remove ads