• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Play Frequency, with Poll!

In the game I am in we play on average….(please vote for each game you are in, picking closest one)

• 6+ hours a week

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • 3-5 hours per week

Votes: 41 33.9%
  • 6+ hours every two weeks

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • 3-5 hours every two weeks

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • 6+ hours every month

Votes: 14 11.6%
  • 3-5 hours every month

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • We play, but less often

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I am in a PbP/email game, and those are hard to compare

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have not played in the last year

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Ooh, clicky!

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Poll closed .

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
You don't have an answer that fits me. Our group plays pretty much every week (barring interruptions for holidays and such), but only 2.5-3 hours in a session.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Little surprised that longer session aren't doing better.

And keep voting!
Married, kids, careers -- not a surprise; the fact that the two biggest blocks are weekly and biweekly aren't a shocker either. At the gamedays and cons i've attended, the people i've met and I all talked about our home games, i've been struck by the similarities of our schedules gaming-wise. A 4-hour block just seems to frequently fit people's schedules, where an "all day" block just seems to be harder to pull off.

I'd be curious to see a poll on what day of the week is "game day", too. I hypothesize more people are "weeknighters" than "weekenders" too.

Malovaan

First Post
Married, kids, careers -- not a surprise; the fact that the two biggest blocks are weekly and biweekly aren't a shocker either. At the gamedays and cons i've attended, the people i've met and I all talked about our home games, i've been struck by the similarities of our schedules gaming-wise. A 4-hour block just seems to frequently fit people's schedules, where an "all day" block just seems to be harder to pull off.

I'd be curious to see a poll on what day of the week is "game day", too. I hypothesize more people are "weeknighters" than "weekenders" too.

I reckon with family commitments, jobs, etc, its a lot easier to devote one evening a week/fortnight to a game, rather than devote a whole day of the weekend to a longer session.

the Jester

Legend
I voted 6+ hours per week, but it's a bit muddy.

I run two groups. For "Team Alpha", we average a day and a half of gaming when we play, and we play about every two weeks, somewhat more often- say two of every three weeks on average. This makes about 12 hours per "gaming session set" on average.

"Team Beta" plays a bit more often right now- on average probably 1.5/week, and usually 5 or 6 hours at a time.

Put it all together and I play (2/3 * 12 hours) + (1.5 * 5.5) = 8 + 8.25 = 16.25 hours per week on average. Wow, that's more than I had realized, but upon reflection sounds fairly correct to me, at least as a first glance approximation.

pogre

Legend

Certainly fits my current profile.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads