D&D 5E Player vs Player Philter of Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horwath

Legend
3.5 Paladin had a hard time because the class sucked (outside of spellcasting). It was a dip-class for Divine grace. That's it.
that is true. but you needed to have trucks of wisdom to make spellcasting work as paladin.
You were better of taking bonus feats with ACF from various splats.
And charging smite instead of special mount.

that is true. but you needed to have trucks of wisdom to make spellcasting work as paladin.
You were better of taking bonus feats with ACF from various splats.
And charging smite instead of special mount.

For a Holy Warrior were better off taking 2 levels in Fighter (or Crusader which is even better) and the rest in Cleric. Or even just all the levels in Cleric.

Plus you get to ignore all the 'lose your class features at the DMs whim' stuff.

Horwath

Legend
For a Holy Warrior were better off taking 2 levels in Fighter (or Crusader which is even better) and the rest in Cleric. Or even just all the levels in Cleric.

Plus you get to ignore all the 'lose your class features at the DMs whim' stuff.
that is true.
I was just saying if someone wants to play pure paladin and cant have lots of wisdom.

PF1, did better for paladin, and spells were based of charisma.

aco175

Legend
I would think that the drow in the OP would have no problems with killing the assassin once she found out that she was drugged and taken advantage of. Sounds like, "That's what my character would do." defense. But the problem of you as a player being fine with another player proceeding with it in the first place now means that you two find a better way of dealing with it. Maybe your PC liked the assassin, but could not let on without looking weak to the 'male', or something. Perhaps finding a time warp spell to erase it, maybe forced marriage.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Normally I am not a fan of Player Vs Player but this has been pretty funny to play out and she really had it coming.

Mod Note:
"...she had it coming?"

What happened in this game is not significantly different from a woman being drugged at a party and taken to a room while unable to consent to sex. The idea that she "had it coming" is horrible, sexist apology for rape. It is abhorrent.

Honestly, I see a lot of negative outcry here but have any of you considered that maybe it's covered by their table rules

In a world in which women are roofied and raped, and men say, "They had it coming," whether it is by the table rules or not is irrelevant.

Making excuses for this kind of thing makes women feel like the men here are unsafe to be around. If you want rape in your games, this board is not the place to discuss it.

Thread closed.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads