Plot Ideas From Film

More Movies Info

I was really disappointed by the "Wayans do D&D " movie..
There is another movie with the blue lipped tecno lord..

:confused:

Cube is a fantastic idea....tomb of horrors type deal...

I forgot about this one

Fight Club-My Cleric of Kord, is this retired pit fighter, and the PC Monk had to challenge another member to a hand to hand combat to get information about several covert "members" that wer actually scarlet brotherhood members

Catavarie

First Post
Well let me see if I can come up with a few other suggestions here:

Lets start with the obvious it has action, drama, a well defined good and evil and oh yeah light sabers...StarWars Saga, now i know what your thinking "But they have blasters and Droids and fly around in space" yes I know all this, but think about it replace Lightsabers with swords, droids with 'mindless' NPCs, and as for flying around in space well any form of transportation will do.

Cube - I love the idea I actually ran a Campaign in RIFTS based off of that movie, everyone loved it, was my very first taste of GMing

Sparticus - and right about now everyone is showing their age either they know exactly what it is or they are surfing over to google to look it up, lets just say its the original Gladiator but ahella lot better

Labarynth - Hello!?!? this movie screams D&D, along with David Bowie's crotch

And for some light reading with alot of great ideas hit up your local comic book shop, find an old issue of Conan the Barbarian and tada you got an adventure, for that matter you can watch the Conan movies starting Arnold for some insperation, just hope that your players can act better.

Well thats all i got off the top of me bald little head for now.:D

Actually, Catavarie raised a very interesting one, Sparticus. That part at the end with the two friends trying to kill each other so that the other one didn't have to be crucified could be great for PC RPing. That, and it had some kick*** battles. Hmmm, I gotta' see that movie again...

Morbog of Ghetto D said:
This is a small survey....I ask most gamers, and find that we should have been the focus market for "Hudson HawK"...that was such the old school "top secret" module.
I thought I was the only one who knew about that movie. It took forever to find it on DVD.

Gurney Halleck

First Post
Speaking of Arnold...

Predator, anyone? PCs sent to investigate the cause of the dissappearing Villagers and destruction. Ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom, the NPCs accompanying the PCs dissappear gradually.
You get the picture. Oh, and the Predator can even be an Illithid or something.

derbacher

Explorer
Since I'm now running an Eberron campaign, I'll add some to fit the setting.

1. The great Train Roberry - what else are you gonna do with that lightning rail?

2. Murder on the Orient Express - OK, this is what else you're gonna do! Put those investigate feats to use.

3. The Fog - fits in the Mournland perfectly. And had a young Adrian Barbeau :D

-----

Mission continues.

Nightcloak

First Post
derbacher said:
Since I'm now running an Eberron campaign, I'll add some to fit the setting.

1. The great Train Roberry - what else are you gonna do with that lightning rail?

2. Murder on the Orient Express - OK, this is what else you're gonna do! Put those investigate feats to use.

What wonderful films to convert. They probably has those films in mind when they put the lightning rail in. They fit the style perfectly.

3. The Fog - fits in the Mournland perfectly.

Creppy Fog. Cursed undead. Hidden gold.

I can see the ghost ship "sailing" around the Mournlands now. Imagine the look on the players faces when the train passess a ship in a land locked area.

And had a young Adrian Barbeau :D

:D

Remove ads