Podcast #107: Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters with Mike Myler

This week, Morrus and Peter are joined by Mike Myler to talk about the current EN Publishing Kickstarter, Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters. In the news, ENnie nominations announced, a new RPG from 2000 AD publisher Rebellion, Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory Release Schedule, controversy over DMs Guild Art, and more! Plus Our Favorite Game in All the World and a brand new sketch about a...

This week, Morrus and Peter are joined by Mike Myler to talk about the current EN Publishing Kickstarter, Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters. In the news, ENnie nominations announced, a new RPG from 2000 AD publisher Rebellion, Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory Release Schedule, controversy over DMs Guild Art, and more! Plus Our Favorite Game in All the World and a brand new sketch about a dearly departed ally.

rect_cver.jpg

Subscribe on iTunes | Google Play | YouTube | TuneIn | Stitcher | Blubrry | Podbean | Spotify | Android

Our Guest

Mike Myler Blog of Characters & Campaign Settings

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters on Kickstarter Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters for 5th Edition

-------------------

News

2020 ENnie Nominations Congratulations to the 2020 ENnies Nominees

Judge Dredd Uprising: The Live Experience Coming Spring 2021 - Judge Dredd Uprising: The LIVE Experience! | 2000 AD

2000 AD Publisher Rebellion Launches Anthology RPG Series 2000 AD Publisher Rebellion Launches Anthology RPG Series - Starting With Tartarus Gate

Here’s What’s Coming for Warhammer 40,000: Wrath & Glory Here's What's Coming for Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory

Jeremy Crawford Talks Dungeons & Dragons Alignment Changes 5E - WotC's Jeremy Crawford Talks D&D Alignment Changes

Esper Genesis Master Technicians Guide Preview Here's Some Previews of Esper Genesis' Master Technicians Guide

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay’s Death on the Reik Released WFRP's Death on the Reik Out In PDF

News Digest for the Week of July 3 (Jim Holloway Passed Away, DMs Guild Art Guidelines Controversy) News Digest for the Week of July 3

RPG Writer Workshop RPG Writer Workshop

-------------------

Kickstarters

Ngolo Diaspora Ngolo Diaspora

Terra Oblivion Terra Oblivion

RPG Crowdfunding News Crowdfunding News – Terra Oblivion, Ngolo Diaspora, and more

-------------------

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Kickstarter Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters for 5th Edition

Mythological Figures and Epic Monsters Column Series on EN World Mythological Figures

-------------------

Hosts: Russ “Morrus” Morrissey and Peter Coffey

Editing and post-production: Darryl Mott

Kickstarter News Column used for the Kickstarter Game: Egg Embry

Theme Song: Steve Arnott

Kickstarter Game Theme: Lyrics by Russ Morrissey, Vocals by “drwilko”, Guitar by Darryl Mott

Malach the Maleficent played by Darren Morrissey

Please support the show on Patreon at Morrus’ Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk is creating tabletop RPG podcasts | Patreon

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
Great podcast episode, finally got around to listening it while doing my doctor mandated exercise. One thing though Darryl, I'd rather you didn't edit out whatever example Mike used because knowledge is empowering and I'd rather know who/what if you follow. That way if I see a product put out by that person I can make a more informed choice as to not buy if you know? Versus making the error of buying something they did and thing learning I was financially helping a crappy unacceptable person. Just some feedback, not a criticism really.

Abstruse

Legend
Great podcast episode, finally got around to listening it while doing my doctor mandated exercise. One thing though Darryl, I'd rather you didn't edit out whatever example Mike used because knowledge is empowering and I'd rather know who/what if you follow. That way if I see a product put out by that person I can make a more informed choice as to not buy if you know? Versus making the error of buying something they did and thing learning I was financially helping a crappy unacceptable person. Just some feedback, not a criticism really.
Normally I would agree with you. But in this specific case, the title of the book itself was very clear on what exact content was inside and exactly how disgusting and offensive it was along with the fact it was made with the clear intention of pissing people off first and foremost. Like there was zero ambiguity what they were doing, no cloy "Well we were just trying to explore dark themes in a mature way--" like a lot of other bad actors. There is zero chance of buying this book accidentally thinking it was anything other than exploitative and gross. This was straight up made to shock and offend, a fact the book makes clear with its three-word title, so I felt no need for the title - which was itself obscene and offensive - to be in the show.

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
Normally I would agree with you. But in this specific case, the title of the book itself was very clear on what exact content was inside and exactly how disgusting and offensive it was along with the fact it was made with the clear intention of pissing people off first and foremost. Like there was zero ambiguity what they were doing, no cloy "Well we were just trying to explore dark themes in a mature way--" like a lot of other bad actors. There is zero chance of buying this book accidentally thinking it was anything other than exploitative and gross. This was straight up made to shock and offend, a fact the book makes clear with its three-word title, so I felt no need for the title - which was itself obscene and offensive - to be in the show.

Eww, well that's enough information for me then Daryl. Thanks for sharing this additional bit for me and and for the patience in taking me seriously. (y)

Abstruse

Legend
BTW Darryl, you catch the new Bundle of Holding???? :) I know you're a big Shadowrun fan if I am recalling correctly.

I did not. I checked it out and those are all 5e sourcebooks. So if you want to jump into Shadowrun 5th Edition (which some might since it's a "finished" edition while Shadowrun 6th Ed has only released one of the core sourcebooks, the combat sourcebook Firing Squad, so far), that might be a good deal.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads