Podcast #108 Burn Bryte with James Introcaso

This week, Morrus and Peter are joined by James Introcaso to talk about the new Roll20 exclusive science fantasy roleplaying game, Burn Bryte. In the news, Orion Black releases statement following departure from Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast, Klingon Empire Rulebook released for Star Trek Adventures, D&D Beyond Player App launches, and more! Plus Our Favorite Game in All the World and a brand new sketch about a dark loner who darkly broods in the loner darkness.

burnbryte.jpg

Subscribe on iTunes | Google Play | YouTube | TuneIn | Stitcher | Blubrry | Podbean | Spotify | Android

Our Guest

James Introcaso James Introcaso

Burn Bryte Roll20

-------------------

News

Orion Black No Longer a D&D Designer (Updated since recording with a statement from Wizards of the Coast) 5E - Orion Black No Longer a D&D Designer [UPDATED!]

Klingon Empire Rulebook for Star Trek Adventures The KIingons Are Here!

D&D Beyond Player App Launches 5E - D&D Beyond Player Tools app is now live!

Critical Role Investigation into Complaint General - Critical Role Investigation Into Complaint

Iron Kingdoms Coming to 5e 5E - Gun Mages & Warjacks: Iron Kingdoms Coming to 5E

Numenera Setting Comes to 5e Release - Monte Cook’s Numenera setting comes to 5e with Beneath the Monolith

Kickstarted Tabletop Games Do Well in 2020 Kickstarted Tabletop Games Do Well In 2020 Despite Pandemic

The Red Opera is a Warlock-Themed Level 20 Campaign 5E - The Red Opera is a Warlock-themed Level 20 Campaign for 5E

News Digest for the Week of July 10 (Amanda Hamon Takes Editorial Director Role at Kobold Press) News Digest for the Week of July 10

-------------------

Kickstarters

Project Infinite Hole Project Infinite Hole: An R&D Sourcebox for the Paranoia RPG

Journal d’Indochine Journal d'Indochine

Legend of Omeria Legends of Omeria Starter Set

Things Heroes Say Things Heroes Say

-------------------

Burn Bryte

Burn Bryte Starter Bundle on Roll20 Roll20

Burn Bryte Starter Set (Quickstart Rules and Adventure) Roll20

Burn Bryte Core Rules (on their own, not as part of the bundle) Roll20

The Master’s Vault https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/module/40/the-masters-vault

Roll20 Twitch Page
Table Top Babble Ep 184: Morrus https://dontsplitthepodcastnetwork.com/table-top-babble/184

-------------------

Hosts: Russ “Morrus” Morrissey and Peter Coffey

Editing and post-production: Darryl Mott

Kickstarter News Column used for the Kickstarter Game: Egg Embry

Theme Song: Steve Arnott

Kickstarter Game Theme: Lyrics by Russ Morrissey, Vocals by “drwilko”, Guitar by Darryl Mott

Malach the Maleficent played by Darren Morrissey

Please support the show on Patreon at http://patreon.com/morrus

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
Was behind this week on my podcast listening and just got to listening to last Saturday's Podcast this morning during my exercise. Good listen and congrats on your win on the Greatest Game in all the World Peter! Hehe. One correction for Morrus, Arcana of the Ancient's Kickstarter that MCG did last year for bringing Numenera for DnD 5e hasn't shipped all it's products at this time.

It's shipped two of the four products. Part of my ongoing criticism with MCG Kickstarters is the long drawn out release time for their products. They tend to take one year from the Kickstarter finishing before the first part starts to release which is how this ones gone. So, two down... two more to go. Hopefully by end of the year the other two will have shipped and we'll have finished that MCG Kickstarter.

My impressions of the two products so far are great. They're beautiful products, well produced and the rules conversions feel solid. I look forward of the other two when they ship. I hope they actually release more conversions because they're so well done. For those of us who don't want the generic medieval fantasy style DnD that Forgotten Realms, Mitgard etc offer.

Edit: Oh and forgot, I think Peter is correct on John Scalzi and the novella "The God Engines". Good recall Peter.

Last edited:

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases