Podcast #210 Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Preview

This week, Morrus, Peter, and Jessica talk about the San Diego Comic Con previews for Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves! In the news, previews for Spelljammer, a tease for Planescape, Doctor Who 5e Doctors and Daleks released, and more! Plus a brand new sketch about pitching an RPG film to a studio.

dndhat.jpg

Subscribe on iTunes | Google Play | YouTube | TuneIn | Stitcher | Blubrry | Podbean | Spotify | Android

News

No Hate In Gaming Twitter coverage of leaked Star Frontiers playtest
TSR Campaign Setting Sales Figures From Forgotten Realms to Red Steel: Here's That Full D&D Setting Sales Chart

New Unearthed Arcana teases Planescape D&D 5E - New Unearthed Arcana: Wonders of the Multiverse

Spelljammer Preview of Giff D&D 5E - Meet The Giff--Spelljammer's Space Pirate Hippos!

Doctors and Daleks Preview with Dalek stats D&D 5E - Doctors & Daleks Previews Include Official 5E DALEK Stats!

Doctors and Daleks Preview with The Doctor’s stats D&D 5E - Check Out the 13th Doctor's 5E Stats

Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel article roundup D&D 5E - Radiant Citadel Articles Roundup

Rob Wieland’s review of Swords of the Serpentine A Review of Swords of the Serpentine

Morrus’ Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk Actual Play of Swords of the Serpentine from August 17, 2019 Special Episode: Actual Play of Swords of the Serpentine with Kevin Kulp

Adventures in Rokugan Arrives August 5 D&D 5E - Adventures in Rokugan Arrives August 5th

Beth Rimmels Reviews the D&D Campaign Case: Creatures D&D Campaign Case: Creatures Review

Dungeon Delver’s Guide Preview Read The First Two Pages of Dungeon Delver’s Guide! — Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition (A5E)

Dragons vs Biplanes by Adam Donovan and Peter Coffey Dragons vs Biplanes - Homebrew and Hacking | DriveThruRPG.com

One If By Land, Two If By Sea, Three If By Air Kickstarter Coming Soon page https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/homebrewandhacking/one-if-by-land-two-if-by-sea-three-if-by-air

Follow DM Sarah on Twitter to keep up with her projects https://twitter.com/The_DM_Sarah

EN Live RPG Schedule Our Schedule — EN Live

-------------------

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Here’s the D&D Movie Trailer D&D Movie/TV - Here's The D&D Movie Trailer!

An Analysis of the Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Trailer D&D Movie/TV - An Analysis of the Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Trailer

D&D movie cast in costume D&D Movie/TV - Check Out The D&D Movie's Cast -- In Costume!

Does the D&D Movie Poster Feature Pathfinder Artwork? D&D General - Does The D&D Movie Poster Feature Pathfinder Artwork?

News Digest for the Week of July 22 (more links to information about the film) News Digest for the Week of July 22

Old Spice D&D Class The Gentlemen D&D 5E - Old Spice D&D Class: Thoughts?

--------------------

Please support us on Patreon at http://patreon.com/morrus

Don’t forget to join the Morrus’ Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1033145023517295/ and join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/VAuxX8M

Ask your Awfully Cheerful Question on Twitter using the hashtag #AwfullyCheerfulQuestion, email morruspodcast@gmail.com, or contact us on TikTok at TikTok

--------------------

Hosts: Russ “Morrus” Morrissey, Peter Coffey, and Jessica Hancock

Editing and post-production: Darryl Mott

Theme Song: Steve Arnott

Kickstarter Game Research: Egg Embry

Kickstarter Game Theme: Lyrics by Russ Morrissey, Vocals by “drwilko”, Guitar by Darryl Mott

Malach the Maleficent played by Darren Morrissey

Check out all the media content from EN World at http://enliverpg.com

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

I'm torn between whether calling NuTSR out on their horrible existence is important or if that's just giving them unwanted attention and we'd be better off ignoring their idiocy entirely.

How best to make sure that sort of thing dies? NuTSR appears to be one of those trolls who feeds on flames. They appear to want hate and controversy.

Abstruse

Legend
I'm torn between whether calling NuTSR out on their horrible existence is important or if that's just giving them unwanted attention and we'd be better off ignoring their idiocy entirely.
My personal opinion: They are relevant so long as they keep claiming to have the TSR name. Mostly because they can do damage to the hobby through it. This particular story started going outside the normal TTRPG circles (ie people who just buy the books and play the game without following industry news) into more geek culture areas and they don't know the whole story. They just see "TSR", associate it with "D&D", and think "Hey, the company making D&D is making this horrible sci-fi game too". I had to explain the whole thing a few times over the past several days to a few webcomic artists and video game people I know.

So for me, TTRPG outlets reporting on it is important because they can put everything in context - This isn't the original TSR, this is some guy who claims he has the trademark to the name, he's being sued right now over it, and he has a long history of being like this. Other places may not include that context.

Note: This is my personal opinion and is pure speculation on my part for legal reasons. It seems to be LaNasa's plan is to keep dragging the TSR name through the mud until Wizards of the Coast coughs up a check to settle the lawsuit with him and he gets a nice payday.

Possible guess as to what happens next: WotC's lawyers file for an injunction against LaNasa to prevent him from using the TSR or Star Frontiers trademarks until the lawsuit is complete because of his nonsense damaging the brand and/or adding more damages to the lawsuit over it.

Possible guess as to what happens next: WotC's lawyers file for an injunction against LaNasa to prevent him from using the TSR or Star Frontiers trademarks until the lawsuit is complete because of his nonsense damaging the brand and/or adding more damages to the lawsuit over it.
That sounds like it would be tremendously helpful.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases