Pogre's 2022 Miniatures and Models Thread - The MageCon Mage - a bunch of hand poured pewter wizards!

MGibster

Legend
Pictured below: An actual photo of me and the boys on our way to wreck a Golden Corral.
Ogres.JPG

pogre

Legend
I have been busy with track & field, but I did manage to make these foam dungeon risers. I have been trying to add more vertical surfaces to my encounters. Hopefully these will help get this done.
risers01.jpg

The risers are pictured below with some old school resin Dwarven Forge, but they are actually made with the new Dwarven Forge scale in mind.
risers02.jpg

Until next time - keep crafting and painting!

dave2008

Legend
I just found this series. Great work and thank you for sharing. I am hoping to get back to miniature making relative soon and this is great inspiration.

pogre

Legend
MageCon Mage
A good friend runs a local (Mahomet, IL) D&D gaming convention called MageCon. Mahomet-Area-Gaming-Enthusiasts = MAGE. My son and I decided to do something special for this year's Con, since we are back in person again. Keegan, my youngest (16 yikes!) sculpted a figure based on the original patch that was passed out at the first MageCon. I made molds and cast a bunch of these. We gifted these miniatures to the Con, including the one Keegan painted, to the Con founder and leader. He is giving these out to Game Masters and the first 50 people who register and show up to the Con in July. It's a great little gaming Con if you are in the central Illinois area (Mahomet is 8 miles west of Champaign, IL).

I could not post these until we presented the figures to our friend.
magecon-mage-2.jpg

magecon-mage.jpg

mage001.jpg

mage002.jpg

mage003.jpg

mage004.jpg

The last picture is of the miniatures as they are coming out of the molds - they were not cleaned up yet!

And, Hey, if you can make it to central Illinois July 22 & 23rd - we would love to have you!

MageCon on WarHorn

MGibster

Legend
This little guy is a froghemoth by WizKids (I think). I painted him in 2020, one of the first times I tried underpainting with my airbrush. Just today I decided to apply a saliva effect using some E6000 glue (equivalent to UHU for you Europeans).

Froghemoth.JPG

This is a gorilla by WizKids. They make a lot of larger models in the under $20 range. I think this and Froghemoth were $16 each. Black fur is difficult to paint and this doesn't look convincing, but it's not so bad.
Gorilla.JPG

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4