Pogre's 2021 Miniatures and Models Thread - Yuan-ti group, Water Weird, and some Skinks.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I painted those bullywugs and that Slaad (as a stand-in for a troglodyte mystic) but mine don't look nearly as good! Great job to you and your offspring!

pogre

Legend
A little update for the end of the summer. We have been painting, but between school restarting, two ongoing campaigns, and football season our productivity has slowed even further. Enough excuses - on to the figures!

First up is a really cool Minotaur my son Stevie painted:
2021_01_minotaur_a.jpeg

2021_01_minotaur_b.jpeg

Next, is a chaos thug Stevie speed painted one evening. His painting style really suits these chaos style figures:
2021_02_chaosthug_a.jpeg

Friend of mine gave me a few figures from a miniature skirmish game. I painted this one up as a troglodyte:
2021_03_trog_a.jpeg

2021_03_trog_b.jpeg

This wraith is from the early 90s and completes a group of GW old school metal wraiths. The color choice is a little odd, but I painted each of these with a different colored cloak to keep track of them in rpg combats easier.
2021_04_wraith_a.jpeg

You know my saying, 'when in doubt about what to paint - paint a skaven.'
2021_05_skaven_a.jpeg

2021_05_skaven_b.jpeg

Finally, a few old school goblins. First some plastic night goblins:
2021_06_gobbos_a.jpeg

An old pewter GW gobbo circa 1990
2021_07_metalgobbo_a.jpeg

Models completed in 2021: 58

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I have been using instagram to share and browse mini painting pics - not sure if anyone else is on there for that.

pogre

Legend
I have been using instagram to share and browse mini painting pics - not sure if anyone else is on there for that.
Honestly, I think that is the top way miniature painters share their work these days. I find it to be a bit too fiddly for me - I tried it for a while and did not enjoy it. I have not been on insta for a few months. Definitely where the top painters are though.

pogre

Legend
I didn't know they had skinks on square bases!
They don't. We play mostly old school rank and file games. We've found round bases do not work great for those, but we can get by with square bases when we do play skirmish games. I still have a lot of square bases and we do 3d print bases as well.

I like how round bases look - so I use them a fair amount, especially for D&D monsters. My boys, on the other hand, almost exclusively prefer square bases. They are old souls when it comes to minis.

Remove ads