Pogre's 2022 Miniatures and Models Thread - Today's Gaming set-up - A Classic D&D Adventure Site!

pogre

Legend
Welcome to the 2022 edition of Pogre's Miniatures and Models thread.

Anyway, if you have not followed my threads before here is a look at some of those:

The Original Thread Pogre's miniature and model thread.
I started this thread in August of 2003 and posted on it intermittently through 2017. It has tons of broken links and some very bad photography.

2018 Pogre's miniature and model thread.

2019 Pogre's miniature and model thread.

2020 Pogre's miniature and model thread.

2021 Pogre's miniature and model thread.

Here is my latest project - a ziggurat influenced by Central American ruins.
It is a Big piece - the base takes up a three foot by three foot footprint.
pyramid_01.jpg

I designed the stepped pyramid to be hollow to allow the placement of mastermaze in the various tiers.
pyramid_02.jpg

Here is the base level with master maze inserted:
pyramid_03.jpg

I am still am finishing up the temple that rests on top. Eventually, I hope to make some staircases to ascend the middle of each side.

I have slowed down a bit on my miniature painting, but my son Keegan has continued to sculpt and paint some fine D&D character pieces I will put up here soon.

Last edited:

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Impressed and envious. I enjoy the terrain crafting part of the hobby but my current job leaves me little time for it.

I'm going to drive my wife insane after I retire trying to make up for lost time. :)

MGibster

Legend
Here is my latest project - a ziggurat influenced by Central American ruins.
It is a Big piece - the base takes up a three foot by three foot footprint.
Nice! I've been toying around with making some of my own terrain but I haven't gotten any farther than this MDF saloon I assembled and painted in 2020. I'll need to come up with a decent storage system so my house doesn't get cluttered. I like your ziggurat! Nice job.

Saloon.JPG

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
Nice work!

My first big project is to make a 1 foot square dungeon tile using that type of coloring. I have to remember to pick up some yellow.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I need to work on variating my coloring. I tend to go for stone gray for most things for a generic look, but I like the variations on this amazing thing! I am currently working on modular stackable stair pieces - but my big 2022 project is kind of the inverse of this ziggurat, it is an immense underwater arena.

MGibster

Legend
I need to work on variating my coloring. I tend to go for stone gray for most things for a generic look, but I like the variations on this amazing thing! I am currently working on modular stackable stair pieces - but my big 2022 project is kind of the inverse of this ziggurat, it is an immense underwater arena.
It's kind of amazing how having a nice uniform color looks great while you're painting but once you finish it makes the final product look a bit off. The ziggurat would not look nearly so good if it were a uniform stone grey color. The different colored stone and the dry brushing that brings out the texture really make the whole thing pop.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
the dry brushing that brings out the texture really make the whole thing pop.

I usually do black/mod podge base coat, then heavy coverage dry(ish) brushing of dark gray (like 95% of it except for recesses) then I dry brush normal gray and then lighting dry brush "fog grey" (which is nearly just an off-white) to make that texture pop and emulate light coming off it. Like this scatter terrain piece of a "ruin" I made from a box insert styrofoam.

271196537_648652979511198_1119533627774840939_n.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases