D&D 5E Poll: Which Official Adventures Have You Run or Played in To Completion?

Which Official Adventures Have You Run or Played to Completion

• Starter Set (Lost Mines of Phandelver)

Votes: 55 55.6%
  • Hoard of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamat aka Tyranny of Dragons

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Princes of the Apocalypse

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Out of the Abyss

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Curse of Strahd

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Storm King's Thunder

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • Tomb of Annihilation

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden

• The WIld Beyond the Witchlight

• Call of the Netherdeep

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Dragonlance: Shaodw of the Dragon Queen

• Tales from the Yawning Portal

• Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Candlekeep Mysteries

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Keys from the Golden Vault

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon of Icespire Peak (Essentials Kit)

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • Light of Xaryxis (Spelljammer)

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • None

• You forgot something

Reynard

Legend
I think it has been a while since we have had this poll, so I thought now would be a good time to refresh. since with the return to Phandelver, the edition has come full circle.

Note: this is a poll purely about which ones you actually completed, not which ones you bought, which ones you played a bit, which ones you liked or which ones you think are best or worst.

TheSword

Legend
Curse of Strahd was our first foray into 5e and the campaign that convinced us to switch from Pathfinder for good.

Tomb of Annihilation was a lot of fun although some of the traps caused a fair few arguments.

I played through Ghosts of Saltmarsh to a very satisfying conclusion - being a player in that game made me re-evaluate the benefits of a location based campaign vs Journey style campaigns. The repeat NPCs and local politics made that campaign.

I ran a new party through Baldurs Gate : Descent into Avernus with a party of brand new players to DnD. They did really well. Though I do think it is atrocious as written. I’d love to run it again but with heavy modification.

All completed start to finish.

High on my list to also complete are Out of the Abyss, Dragon Heist, Dungeon of the Mad Mage and Golden Vault.

Last edited:

ichabod

Legned
I've done Mad Mage, Yawning Portal, and the Waterdeep ones. I think Yawning Portal was the best, and Dragon Heist was the worst. I think Dragon Heist was the only one I didn't really enjoy, but I did think the factions rules in that one were very good.

MarkB

Legend
I've played Curse of Strahd to completion, and run Rime of the Frostmaiden. Currently in the early stages of running it again.

I ran Out of the Abyss to the "Out" part, but didn't pick it up for the second half. Just didn't really connect with that part of the plot.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Dragon Heist is the only official 5E module I’ve completed.

I’ve played in and run Curse of Strahd a few times, but they always seem to fall apart. Either somehow too much horror (when I run it) or not enough horror (when others run it).

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I'm terrible at homework so I have a tough time running published adventures. On the other hand, I love creating my own adventures so it's not really a problem!

The first 5e adventure I played to completion in was Baldur's Gate: Descent Into Avernus. The only non-spellcaster in a party of spellcasters. 😋 Currently playing in a Tyranny of Dragons. :)

Remove ads