D&D 5E Post a character, get a Pic.

GreenTengu

Adventurer
I don't expect much, but I will toss one in here that could be either a hero or an NPC villain.

Kenxia Duskstalker
Race: Hobgoblin
Class: Bard (College of Valor)
A 6'4" hobgoblin male with burnt tan skin, three scars like those made by a claw swipe adorn his left cheek, his eyes are large and tiger-like, his ears are large and wolf-like and his nose wide and flat. His grin shows a mouth of unsettling sharp teeth like those of a lion. His jet black hair is wild and long, kept from his face only thanks to a violet ribbon-like headband that is tied in the back.

He wears a hooded coat with deep pockets that was surely once a military one of some kind, once likely navy blue the color has faded to a muddy gray. The sleeves have been torn at about elbow length leaving his forearms bare though his hands are enveloped in black studded leather gauntlets. The bottom of the jackets just below his knees is similarly tattered as though it has been drug against the ground and ripped occasionally. Under the jacket his chest his protected by a studded leather vest. He wears a pair of black trousers that would be loose if it were not for the studded leather buckled along the length of his legs. The trousers are kept up by a large studded leather belt with a large silver belt buckle created using a medallion of the Silver Flame, one of the few truly well-kept things on his body besides his weapons.

Along his left side hangs a pouch, likely where he keeps his gold. Finally, upon his feet he has a pair of muddy black leather riding books that would probably look nice if polished up. He fights using a glittering and sharp rapier kept sheathed as his right side in a black leather sheath and a small shield with the symbol of the Silver Flame usually found hung over his shoulder along with his backpack.

He is an unusual, though not particularly too rare sort for his kind. Despite the rather poor and shabby shape of his clothes, he carries himself with a good deal of dignity. He seems like a shrewd and calculating sort, and though small for his kin he still towers over most.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
Thank you for offering this! I'm sure you have plenty of requests at this point, so I understand if you can't get around to doing it. Here's my request:

Bursule is a black-haired, full-bearded barbarian with a bone shield, battle axe, and animal furs. Fetishes made of painted bone are entwined in his beard and hair. He does have regular contact with "civilized" cities, so he might carry a few items with a higher tech level (e.g. a delicate vial of healing, an ornate scroll case, or a spy glass)

As far as behaviour; his emotions runs to extremes. He's either wildly laughing or brooding and stern with bouts of rage thrown in (of course). He would rather listen than talk, but he does know how to listen. Often picking up details that others miss.

Thanks!

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I'm still working, haven't stopped. Will post the pictures someday soon. The combined effect of work-family-health-school took precedence

Xeviat

Hero
Cool post, I hope you're getting fun ideas. Here's my character:

Luminescent is a young noble, human, 25 years old. She grew up training to follow in her family's footsteps as a holy knight (paladin, honor), but she ran afoul of their restrictive rules and draconian attachment to tradition. She rebelled and was kicked out of her academy and ended up joining with rebels and freedom fighters. She ended up exposing corruption in the academy and the paladin order itself, and was eventually readmitted where she resumed her training as a paladin.

In game terms, she leveled first as a rogue and then as a paladin. She wears a chain shirt and leather armor, and fights with a rapier and a dagger. She has a natural beauty that isn't adorned, with a simple hair pulled back in a tail style with some wispy strands left out. She's rebellious, valuing freedom over order (CG).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenTengu

Adventurer
I'm still working, haven't stopped. Will post the pictures someday soon. The combined effect of work-family-health-school took precedence

While my request is atypical of my pcs, it should be noted that half the reason was to break up the monotomy of elve and humans and give you a chance to interpret something different. As I noted, my hope was that you migght make use of the idea as an npc in your own future game.

But naturally, upon seeing this thread, everyone naturally realized that it takes way more talent and time to sketch an idea than to express words.

Particularly when you list "school" among your concerns, I tfeel you hardly knew what you were digging youself into.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Let's pause the request for a short while, until I deliver all the pics. So far I have done all pictures up to @Stupid_Goat 's Ennio. Preparing to do Sparrod. I believe I'm gaining speed the more I draw, but that could be just a coincidence. Even [MENTION=53678]Wednesday Boy[/MENTION] 's Luska.

Last edited:

Lanliss

Explorer
Let's pause the request for a short while, until I deliver all the pics. So far I have done all pictures up to @Stupid_Goat 's Ennio. Preparing to do Sparrod. I believe I'm gaining speed the more I draw, but that could be just a coincidence. Even @Wedenesday_Boy 's Luska.

I am barely an artist, but I have noticed that once I start working on a series of things, I get better pretty quickly at the start. I think it is a kind of short term muscle memory, or slowly warming up. Whatever it is, good luck and have fun. This is still probably one of the coolest things I have seen people do.

Remove ads