Post not displaying correctly

Kris

Adventurer
I made a post in the Press Releases forum earlier today ...but it didn't display correctly and I couldn't edit it (it's the one with the [CSP] prefix).

So I left if for a while (just in case it was me :S ) ...but I've since been told that it might be because I put the word 'print' in the thread title - and that has caused it to go into a printable format.

Here's a link to the post itself:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/press-...11381-csp-age-shadow-rpg-now-print-print.html

So is it possible for someone to edit the title (assuming that is the cause of the problem) ...or perhaps just take a look at it if they have time.

Thanks in advance :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Create a new one which doesn't end in the word "print" (a major bug we have to do with SEO translation of thread titles and the fact that the "print version" link on any given thread ends in - well, "print"). We can then delete the existing one.

Basicially, any thread title which ends with that word makes the system think it should do something else. Yup, stupid, I know.

Merkuri

Explorer
Basicially, any thread title which ends with that word makes the system think it should do something else. Yup, stupid, I know.

Would it be possible to do some string parsing on titles when the threads are submitted and add something to the end of titles that end with "print"? Maybe something like a period or something else that wouldn't be too obnoxious but would stop the problem from happening?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Would it be possible to do some string parsing on titles when the threads are submitted and add something to the end of titles that end with "print"? Maybe something like a period or something else that wouldn't be too obnoxious but would stop the problem from happening?

Not without hacking the SEO software we use, which is beyond our capability.

Remove ads