• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Power/Spell scaling seems off

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
It's called English.

It's the origin of the second language that most Americans are monolingual in. ;)

It's BRITISH slang however, as in denoting a large region than just ENGLAND, which is what ENGLISH slang would refer to. It's slang that is also used in Scotland and Northern Ireland, hence not ENGLISH slang, but it is BRITISH slang.

And it has nothing at all to do with the origins of language, as it's modern slang, and not slang commonly used in America or, for that matter, Philippines where you are located.

So, what's with making the word "math" into a plural around here? Unless you're British (or apparently French), it's just math, not maths.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's BRITISH slang however, as in denoting a large region than just ENGLAND, which is what ENGLISH slang would refer to. It's slang that is also used in Scotland and Northern Ireland, hence not ENGLISH slang, but it is BRITISH slang.
s.

Why do you hate Wales?

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Actually, the Philippines speaks Merkin English as a consequence of the Merkin invasion of 1898.

I'm from Oz. By some miracle I managed to learn English. Oh, and I also learnt the difference between British and English.

The accepted English (and British) colloquialism for mathematics is maths.

Remove ads