• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Practiced Spellcaster

Vraister

First Post
Is it overpowered?
I would say so. Its clearly more powerful than Spell Penetration for a multiclassed caster.
I think a +2 for the caster level would be better.

Vraister

Sejs

First Post
comparison with spell penetration isn't the point.

spell penetration benefits a full-progression caster. practiced spellcaster doesn't.

Vraister

First Post
I think comparison with Spell Penetration is a good point.
Practised Spellcaster gives in the best case twice the benefit of Spell Penetration plus longer range, longer duration, higher damage and the possibility to affect tougher foes.
Looks to me that Practised Spellcaster is a must have feat for a multiclassed caster and those feats are always a bit risky.
Tell me, wouldn't you want Practised Spellcaster when you are playing a something(4)/caster(x). I would definitely want it.

Vraister

Vraister

First Post
I just looked at your homepage and you have a similar feat which give just a +2 to the effective caster level maybe you should change that to +4 :)

I have seen just one multiclassed caster. He is a fighter(4)/cleric(8) and he doesn't suck at all. The Practised Spellcaster feat would actually make him too powerful in my opinion.

Vraister

Remove ads