• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Practised Spellcaster Question (Scion please check back)

jayaint

First Post
Does Practised Spellcaster overcome Racial Level Adjustements? My initial guess would be no, however, if someone could make a case for it doing so... I would LOVE to hear it (and use it).

Last edited:

Scion

First Post
it only works for noncaster hd, but personally I would let it work with LA as well. LA is already such a bad move for casters that a bit of a break isnt out of order.

but, as written, no. It only works for noncaster hd.

jayaint

First Post
Thanks, Scion.

I agree that LA seems painful for most casters... especially multiclassed casters. Sweet, well, unless I hear differently from any other posters, I will use this as though it covers LA also.

Thanks again. (I broke 100 posts... finally!!)

-jay

jayaint

First Post
Scion... sorry for the seperate post... but I noticed you were in CoMo... My wife and I will be moving there in June... Are you in a game? how often? how many players? openings? etc etc...

Thanks for any info.

-jay

jayaint

First Post
Good for the goose, good for the gander.

That seems fair. Might be some scary +3 LA creatures out there with this rationale :uhoh:

-jay

shilsen

Adventurer
jayaint said:
Sweet, well, unless I hear differently from any other posters, I will use this as though it covers LA also.

Well, Scion already mentioned that as written it does not apply to LA, so I doubt you'll hear anything different from anyone else.

Scion

First Post
PC's are special, isnt that reason enough? ;)

But yes, always good to apply things equally.

There might be some strange creature out there that would be overpowered with the ruling to let it cover LA, but maybe a special exception could be made for them and let the rule work over the majority of cases.

Oh, and hey jayaint ;)

I am in a game right now but not the dm. Sometimes we start up another and on occasion I run one. We have as many people as the current dm allows however and it is more than I work with whenever I dm. Sorry about that :( It can be hard to find a game here, but there is a place in town I can suggest to look for games and put up a note that you are looking for a game: Valhallas Gate (hopefully this isnt considered an advertisement or something ;/ )

There is a board on the wall there, sometimes it works and sometimes not.

Hope that helps!

Remove ads