• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Predictions for Playtest packet 7's arrival

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Playtest 7 better be out next week, is all I'm sayin'.

I wonder if they'll stick to the every-other-month schedule when we get out of the PHB stuff or ramp it back up a bit. Because at GenCon they were talking about packets 10+, which at the current rate is Feb+. To get the books out in 2024, they need to get moving.

overgeeked

B/X Known World

I wonder if they'll stick to the every-other-month schedule when we get out of the PHB stuff or ramp it back up a bit. Because at GenCon they were talking about packets 10+, which at the current rate is Feb+. To get the books out in 2024, they need to get moving.
They’re also not releasing them all on the same day. We’ll likely get them in the playtest packet order, i.e. PHB, MM, then DMG. They will likely be released several weeks apart if not a few months.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Are there going to be "several more" though? We've had them at the rate out of about once every two months, and we're due another one, which means what at most two after that? And only that if they go right up to the line.

And I presume in 2024 they'll cease because they need the books to actually print.
They've said the minimum plan is 10 total.

Horwath

Legend

Better to miss the 2024 deadline and make it right, than to force it and make it halfbaked again.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Better to miss the 2024 deadline and make it right, than to force it and make it halfbaked again.
Agreed, it's an artificial deadline with so little substance even the most diehard fan wouldn't care if they didn't get the 50 year edition till a year or two later & gave us chonky 4e/paizo style whole system WiP snapshot packets on the actual anniversary . Hell they would probably even get great press & lots of goodwill if they said they were holding it back so they could give them the time it needed to really live up to the legacy or something.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads