D&D 5E Preview of Eberron Rising!

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I watched this the other day & it's a great preview. I'm hoping that the "customization options" crawford mentioned warforge getting was just lost behind the roll20 interface but otherwise+++

ChaosOS

Legend
All the Eberron races got significant changes from WGTE - nerfs to WF & Changelings, buffs to Shifters. Dragonmarked races significant reworks, now have a "spells of the mark" feature that adds mark-appropriate spells to spellcasting class' spell lists. Goblinoids from volos are in, Orcs dropped the int penalty and gained another skill proficiency. Artificer got fairly major changes.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Major nerfs to Changlings will definitely lead to me manually inputting the UA version into dndbeyond and pretending the official version doesn’t exist, but I’m down for shifters getting a bump.

Sounds solid.
I hope there are still upgrades to dragonmarks and custimization options for warforged. I really liked the envoy.
On the other hand integrated protection is back to the original version of a very early unearthed arcana, which I liked a lot more.

Last edited:

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
It was fun to see this Adam Koebel fellow get excited about Eberron not generally adhering to the D&D alignment system.

Orcs are... not what I expected their Eberron stats to be, but they’re still cool. Looks good.

I see the shifter subraces remain wildly out of balance with each other. Don’t like that.

Warforged seems more like Keith Baker’s original interpretation for them on his blog.

The video “timed-out” (or whatever you want to call it) for me before he could get to the Battle Smith. What did that subclass get?

All in all, I’m looking forward to my Christmas present.

"The spells of the Mark" feature actually looks like a pretty significant buff to dragonmarked spellcasters - especially sorcerers. - edit maybe not, it only adds to the class list, not spells known. But Mark of Finding gets Hunters Mark now? That's pretty good, even once a day.

Mark of Mending is nerfed, but I did think it was OP.

Kalishtar no longer need to use their reaction to gain advantage on wisdom saves.

Mark of Warding looks buffed. Bonus on thieves tools and investigation, mage armour (once per day is plenty) and Armor of Agythys on your spell list? What's not to like?

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
Guess I'll be keeping the UA Warforged in instead of the book or have it as a variant model.

I too am interested to see how Artificer changed/what the Battlesmith is like now.

Remove ads