Price the Madagan Crossbow

Infiniti2000

First Post
Help me price a wagon-sized crossbow (found in the Dragon Chronicles book, this is not a D&D book, but I use it for inspiration). This crossbow is very much like a towed howitzer. I've already computed the damage it does, but now I need to be ready in case it is recovered intact and sold.

Dredly

First Post
its only worth what someone will pay for it... I would set a "reasonable" amount as opposed to saying "its worth 1.5 Mil so you can sell it for 20%".

Due to how unique of an item it is and the limited number of buyers it is worth...

and just curious, what damage did you set it at?

Squizzle

First Post
Give it a sale price of a level-appropriate magic item. If they recover it, remove one magic item of whatever level, or equivalent treasure, from this level's treasure parcels.

Kingreaper

Adventurer
Give it a sale price of a level-appropriate magic item. If they recover it, remove one magic item of whatever level, or equivalent treasure, from this level's treasure parcels.
If they recover it, and you're really concerned about keeping XP and loot in line, give them XP equivalent to the amount that would come along with an item of its cost.

Taking away players rewards later on because they did something clever now is just going to discourage them from doing clever things.

However, making it equivalent to an on-level magic item is probably quite appropriate. I mean, it's presumably an on-level threat, so it would probably have a proportionate cost.

Remove ads