• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse Hits the Shelves!

Warunsun

First Post
This thread got my excited enough to decide to pick it up early at my FLGS even at an extra cost of $21. Well, I just came back from there and they didn't even order it. Much like when they only ordered two copies of the Player's Handbook and then decided to keep them for personal use--they ordered zero this time. So I'll order it through Amazon.com. I still have two good sessions of D&D before I'll need the adventure.

Perhaps I will set Red Larch in Hommlet. My campaign is set in the Domain of Greyhawk and not far from Hommlet and my players know it well. I'll have to read it up though before I decide. :)

pukunui

Legend
This thread got my excited enough to decide to pick it up early at my FLGS even at an extra cost of $21. Well, I just came back from there and they didn't even order it. Much like when they only ordered two copies of the Player's Handbook and then decided to keep them for personal use--they ordered zero this time. So I'll order it through Amazon.com. I still have two good sessions of D&D before I'll need the adventure.
Boo to your FLGS!

As for setting it in Greyhawk, the book contains recommendations on how to do just that.

graves3141

First Post

Man, your FLGS sucks as much as mine does. When I checked my FLGS website a few days ago, there was no mention of PotA on their March calendar so my guys didn't bother to order it either. I shouldn't be too surprised though since no one plays D&D there either, just Pathfinder and lots of MTG (and warhammer). Oh well, Amazon saves us money so there's that.

Don't get too bent out of shape about your FLGS. Only certain privileged stores got copies now. The book doesn't come out officially for another week or so.

Miss Misty

First Post
Everyone is saying PotA is better than previous published adventures for 5e. How is it compared to Paizo's APs?

Why do they want to summon the elemental princes?

Warunsun

First Post
Don't get too bent out of shape about your FLGS. Only certain privileged stores got copies now. The book doesn't come out officially for another week or so.
Actually, my store is "privileged". LOL. At-least they are signed up with the Wizard's Play Network and did have early copies of the D&D Starter Set. They just didn't care to order more than two Player's Handbooks and none of this adventure. Even if qualify for the early release you still have to order the books! I am not too upset about it. They just lost a sale is all. Today they had no PH in stock, several copies of the D&D Starter Set which they have restocked, a few Monster Manuals, and one each of the Tyranny of Dragons adventures. And tons and tons of the Wizkids D&D miniatures.

Nebulous

Legend
I can't wait to get this. I'm trying to decide if the EE minis are actually going to be useful or if i can wing it with all the old ones I got. Some of them are pretty cool, like the fire myrmidons.

Remove ads