• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Products you'd love to see published (but probably never will)

I want a 4e mod that is designed to be story based and less then 3/4 combat encounters...

I also want a true WoD D20, yes I saw monte cook;s version, but I want a modern (not post apoc) story with the clans and powers of eaither old or new WOD but in a D20

Chris Knapp

First Post
1. A new, updated Dragon Magazine Archive.

2. Older WotC material in integrated into DDI.

3. Boot Hill & Top Secret for 4E!

4. A WotC sponsored patronage project: adventure path, campaign setting, whatever. . .

5. Battlesystem for 4E.

I'm going to go with "an open 4th edition" and clarify by saying "a year and a half ago".
); Ah, what might have been...

The Warhammer 40K RPG - no not "Dark Heresy for Inquisitors and Rogue Trader for traders", one game for everybody!
Aw heck yeah! If there was an RPG where I could play an Eldar Harlequin PC, I would be a very happy person. All of this Rogue Trader super-limited stuff is lame. That's like "D&D but only with fighters who kill dragons!" Sure, it's fun once or twice, but entire groups for entire campaigns? *yawn* ;)

Other ideas are:

3 more in the Book of line for Lawful, Chaotic, and Neutral. Yeah, I said it, a book on neutrality because it is NOT boring. Something like the Book of Concordant Opposition. :) Even if Vile Darkness and Exalted Deeds were iffy at points, having those other 3 would be really fun. Heck, even just Hive and Gear - the guide to Formians and Modrons would rock for me.

I've been tempted to write The End: A Guide to Ending Campaigns and Destroying Worlds because every campaign should end with something more flashy than another combat, but with a higher level challenge, but I'm sure others could do it far better.

Heck, any ultra-niche whacked stuff that only me and 2 other people would enjoy like deity-level adventures, or a campaign setting focused around Pact Magic, or an adventure path where everyone is a good (or at least neutral) fiend with political maneuvering & plots as dangerous as any combat.

Lastly, this isn't really "published", but how about a D&D movie that doesn't suck?

scourger

Explorer
D&D Minis RPG is the thing I would like to see published. Something with cool minis & easy rules. Sort of like all the Rules Cyclopedia references in this thread but with updated d20 rules and prepainted minis. I might even foray into 4e if that was the product offered. But, the minis games usually don't have room for advancement, which is critical for player characters. Same thing for Star Wars Minis for me.

I would also love to have the Dungeon Magazine Collection on DVD. I just want a complete set without needing an extra room for all my games.

I wish Omega World d20 could get a stand-alone reprint. I would get a few copies of that. Perhaps it could be on the DVD.

Otherwise, I really have all the games I will never play already; but I still dream of playing & running them all.

Wik

First Post
I would file this one in the "not impossible" folder.

Jason H.

You would think so.

But the rules for Shadowrun are rather dense. With a lot of modifiers, a need to have the GM screen just to run the silly thing, and a lot of gear and whatnot that can get confusing. It is definitely a setting that is not nice to casual gamers.

More to the point, though, is the world itself. I love shadowrun supplements, but when I read them, they start referencing events in the game's past that the characters know all about, but which are not mentioned in any supplement. I have many SR 4E supplements, and I still don't know exactly what's going on with Denver. I know Chicago had a bug outbreak (that happened way back in SR 2E), but that's only from old knowledge - the books don't mention it. In short, the game seem to requires a huge investment of world knowledge at times. It's very much a 90s product, one that really enjoys the idea of metaplot.

In short, I could play Shadowrun, and would probably have a fun time. But I'd have to be pretty drunk to ever try running it.

Wik

First Post
I wish Omega World d20 could get a stand-alone reprint. I would get a few copies of that. Perhaps it could be on the DVD.

YES. This is, by far, my favourite game released in the d20 Era... only CoC d20 and d20 Apocalypse even come CLOSE. An Omega World reprint... possibly with added equipment, feats, and maybe a better system for improving mutations... would be the best product ever. I would buy two.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
1. A new, updated Dragon Magazine Archive.

Yes! Why didn't I think of this? Also a Dungeon Magazine Archive.

Also, reprints 7th Sea's Swordsman's Guild supplement - yes, I can get it in PDF, but that leaves a single hole in my shelf. And whatever price they're charging on ebay right now is just too much to justify...

5. Battlesystem for 4E.
[/quote]

Have you checked out Hard Boiled Armies? It's a bit vague, but a nice way to do mass combat in 4E. Failing that, the War Machine is pretty trivial to update.

Samurai

Adventurer
You would think so.

But the rules for Shadowrun are rather dense. With a lot of modifiers, a need to have the GM screen just to run the silly thing, and a lot of gear and whatnot that can get confusing. It is definitely a setting that is not nice to casual gamers.

More to the point, though, is the world itself. I love shadowrun supplements, but when I read them, they start referencing events in the game's past that the characters know all about, but which are not mentioned in any supplement. I have many SR 4E supplements, and I still don't know exactly what's going on with Denver. I know Chicago had a bug outbreak (that happened way back in SR 2E), but that's only from old knowledge - the books don't mention it. In short, the game seem to requires a huge investment of world knowledge at times. It's very much a 90s product, one that really enjoys the idea of metaplot.

In short, I could play Shadowrun, and would probably have a fun time. But I'd have to be pretty drunk to ever try running it.

Well, I know it's not an actual published book, but maybe this FATE3 loose adaptation of Shadowrun, called Spirits of Chrome and Cyberspace, may be of interest to you... It's certainly a lot lighter than the standard rules. Note that you need the Spirit of the Century rulebook (or the online SRD) to play, these are just the additions and modifications that let you play in a near future where magic has returned...

Attachments

• Spirits of Chrome and Cyberspace v1.05.pdf
    296 KB · Views: 104

Wik

First Post
Well, I know it's not an actual published book, but maybe this FATE3 loose adaptation of Shadowrun, called Spirits of Chrome and Cyberspace, may be of interest to you... It's certainly a lot lighter than the standard rules. Note that you need the Spirit of the Century rulebook (or the online SRD) to play, these are just the additions and modifications that let you play in a near future where magic has returned...

Checking it out now. It looks alright, and might solve at least one half of my problem with Shadowun. Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads