D&D 5E Psionics in Tasha

Waller

Legend
Previews from the livestream.

tashapsi1.jpg
tashapsi2.jpg

R_J_K75

Legend
I'll reserve judgement until I see it all, but I am not liking the direction this is taking either. Psionics should be more than "other magic" and a bunch of psychic damage IMO.

The fact that description actually calls it a spell and has a spot for components as vocal says to me that yes they are treating them as another branch of magic. Psionics are not magic, never were. It should be its own class with its own system of manifesting psionic powers. Otherwise what's the point? I laughed when I saw a verbal spell component to a mind generated attack, its almost as if whoever created the system didn't really understand what psionics are.

The fact that description actually calls it a spell and has a spot for components as vocal says to me that yes they are treating them as another branch of magic. Psionics are not magic, never were. It should be its own class with its own system of manifesting psionic powers. Otherwise what's the point? I laughed when I saw a verbal spell component to a mind generated attack, its almost as if whoever created the system didn't really understand what psionics are.
What they are then? That they're 'not magic' is blatantly naughty word by normal meaning of 'magic.' They're clearly supernatural abilities that a person can manifest by their will. That sounds like 'magic' to me.

Last edited:

Remove ads