• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: 165 Vock Row

Voca

First Post
Bah, I am being the foot dragger now, sorry.

I'll need to level them both up, will try to do that tomorrow night.

In the meantime I did post a next action.

Wool

First Post
Bah, I thought someone would object. :p

I don't know how acceptable using ooc to discuss in-character actions is, but if I overstep my bounds maybe Whizbang will let me retcon it later.

Filthy

First Post
Bah, I thought someone would object. :p

I don't know how acceptable using ooc to discuss in-character actions is, but if I overstep my bounds maybe Whizbang will let me retcon it later.

I thought someone would object, too. That's why I kind of waited before Mairan started.

As far as the good vs evil action goes, I thought about that. If ratlings truly are considered pests like real rats, there really shouldn't be anything wrong with killing the young ones. I don't feel bad when I step on a baby spider or trap a baby mouse.

Wool

First Post
Ah, but are they considered pests because they are little more than animals, or because it is convienient to do so? "Human" nobility only goes as far as something beneath them does not challenge their will.

Having said that, I would probably find slaughtering animal young for profit to be distasteful as well. Maybe my own bias has crept too far into my character's actions, I don't know. :p

Wool

First Post
It matters to whoever does the killing, and to society in general. It will probably also matter to whatever ratlings we come across next, as we experience their very righteous ratty rage. ;)

Voca

First Post
I pondered whether Mata should object, and this is how the reasoning went.

Mata might not be happy with killing non-combatants since she has a good alignment.

On the other hand, Mata is a dwarf who grew up with stories from her Dwarvenhearth guarding grandfather, stories which no doubt included fighting off the ratlings and other dungeon dwelling creatures that threatened the city. She is no doubt disposed to view them as enemies of the greater good that is dwarven culture.

Finally, while she is not of a lawful alignment, she is again a dwarf, and regards her commitment as an apprentice with appropriate weight. Knustler has charged them with eliminating the ratling threat to the bankers. Leaving young ratlings around would be to fail in that duty.

I was left thinking she would be uncomfortable, and conflicted, but unwilling to be the first to object. No doubt Ringo will be happy to bring consequences to bear!

As for Aeshen, his alignment is lawful neutral -- I figured his view would be that if the law called for them to be executed then executed they would be, which is why I asked Ringo for clarification on the temple reward.

Remove ads