D&D General Questions on map making software

Stormonu

Legend
Yes, I'm not looking to make my own maps, however, the video I saw had the person import a screen shot into Dungeondraft and simply traced over it to produce a nice quality 2D map.
If you have a better suggestion, I'm ALL ears.
Thanks
If you are just wanting to import nice-looking maps from older 1E/2E products into a VTT, there's plenty folks have already converted that can be found with a quick Google search (I did so for my Ghosts of Saltmarsh campaign), or depending on the VTT (I use Roll20), you can buy the maps already converted - they can be worth the hours it takes to get up to convert, import & stock the map, and what I ended up doing for some of the adventures in Ghosts, rather than fight with doing it myself.

zasgard

Explorer
If you are just wanting to import nice-looking maps from older 1E/2E products into a VTT, there's plenty folks have already converted that can be found with a quick Google search (I did so for my Ghosts of Saltmarsh campaign), or depending on the VTT (I use Roll20), you can buy the maps already converted - they can be worth the hours it takes to get up to convert, import & stock the map, and what I ended up doing for some of the adventures in Ghosts, rather than fight with doing it myself.
Oh...I never thought about that. I might be able to find those old 1E/2E maps already done up online! :unsure:
Thanks (still might buy DD though. It looks too simple for me to pass on)

Remove ads