quickling

Dross Swordra

First Post
is there a 3.5 (or even a 3.0) version of the quickling? In 2e the quickling was basically an evil sprite. It had no wings, but was insanely fast, thus the name.

-Dross

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
To my knowledge there are two forms of quicklings (not counting Creature Catalog's.) The one in Tome of Horrors (which is indeed 3.0 but there's a revised PDF you can get) and also the quickling template in Advanced Beastiary by Green Ronin. Both are good but it depends on which you want more, a fey or just a speedster.

Dross Swordra

First Post
I'm looking for the fey version. Essentially I am running a fey campaign. All the PCs are fey. The bulk of the action will involve the Seelie Court and the Unseelie court. I am mostly drawing from Celtic mythology, but I am trying to map the mythological creature to the DnD equivelent. creatures like pixies and redcaps have direct correlations. Other creatures, like the quickling and leprechaun have 2e correlations, and still other creatures have no known conversion.
Does anyone know where some more extensive fey related game material can be found? It seems several other creature types have been detailed (dragons, aberrations, undead), but very little has been written about the fey.

-Dross

Nightfall

Dross,

Not sure but there's plenty of fey stuff you can use in both Tome of Horror series and the Advanced Beastiary. Plus there's always the MM series...(ignoring the IV)

Nightfall

Mm true and it's pretty well balanced to be useful. But they have to take levels in it which might be something players might not like.

Remove ads