D&D 5E Radiant Citadel Free Preview On D&D Beyond

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a free promotional supplement for Journeys Through The Radiant Citadel. It contains noteworthy sites, information on life in the citadel, and details about some of its groups and defenses.

The Radiant Citadel is a city that serves as a bastion of hope for the weary and the displaced. Adventurers journey here to rest between quests and to learn from peoples that have moved here from across the multiverse. Now you can bring the Radiant Citadel to your table by unlocking the first chapter of Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel at no cost!

This claim unlocks the contents of this promotional supplement for use with D&D Beyond, including the supplement in digital format in the game compendium and in the searchable listings, character builder, encounters, and digital sheet.

09D3BF95-7368-4664-9754-5DDF859B696C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Other than the giant horrible gaping maw lurking a short distance away that threatens to suck everything in and send it who knows where, or to outright oblivion...

Honestly, it is a pretty well done city. Perfect if you just want a safe (but still interesting) base to recuperate between adventures, but still also having plot threads that could turn the city itself into the adventure...
A potential adventure hook of political intrigue:
It's campaign season again, and the party is forced to choose between the Radiant Citadel's established egalitarian order and a rival faction aiming to slash costs and boost the city state's productivity-- all with the seductive promise of maximized profits for all!
Working title: "Giant Horrible Gaping Maw for President!"

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Other than the giant horrible gaping maw lurking a short distance away that threatens to suck everything in and send it who knows where, or to outright oblivion...
Well, yes ... I wouldn't want that part.

Honestly, it is a pretty well done city. Perfect if you just want a safe (but still interesting) base to recuperate between adventures, but still also having plot threads that could turn the city itself into the adventure...
Yeah. I like that revivification magic is free thanks to the power of the Auroral Diamond. So if a PC dies out in one of the worlds and you can't revive them, as long as you can get the body back to the Radiant Citadel, you can bring them back to life for free.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
According to this article, each adventure does come with its own pronunciation guide!

Awesome!

I really love the writeup of the Setting. It feels like @Paul Farquhar "Saridor Theory" could still really work here: maybe the Radiant Citadel is built on Saridor's body, and a campaign culminating event could be reviving him...or stopping his revival.

pukunui

Legend
I really love the writeup of the Setting. It feels like @Paul Farquhar "Saridor Theory" could still really work here: maybe the Radiant Citadel is built on Saridor's body, and a campaign culminating event could be reviving him...or stopping his revival.
Oooh. Maybe! I note that while the city is described as being built from "a single, massive fossil that snakes around a colossal gemstone shard known as the Auroral Diamond", it doesn't ever say what it's a fossil of ...

The map and picture aren't really any help in that regard either.

01-002.drifting-citadel.png

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
I've long-since pre-ordered and very excited about the book. Haven't read the preview, but thought I'd comment in the business decision.

This approach of releasing content for free (for a limited time, I assume) is a great idea to bring new users to DnDBeyond and WotC, as well as get people hyped for a new release and increase purchases.

Love it. More full chapter previews through DnDBeyond, please!

pukunui

Legend
I've long-since pre-ordered and very excited about the book. Haven't read the preview, but thought I'd comment in the business decision.

This approach of releasing content for free (for a limited time, I assume) is a great idea to bring new users to DnDBeyond and WotC, as well as get people hyped for a new release and increase purchases.

Love it. More full chapter previews through DnDBeyond, please!
Maybe it's just me, but the only weird thing I'm finding with this free preview is that it only seems to be accessible from the claim page (the "claim" button changed to a "view content" button for me). If I click on the book in the sources section, it just takes me to the preorder page with no option to view the first chapter.

Maybe it's just me, but the only weird thing I'm finding with this free preview is that it only seems to be accessible from the claim page (the "claim" button changed to a "view content" button for me). If I click on the book in the sources section, it just takes me to the preorder page with no option to view the first chapter.
Not seeing that issue, myself. After claiming it, the link from the sources page takes me to the sample chapter, as expected.

Last edited:

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I'm seeing that same behavior, too. But if I mouse over "Sources" to pop open the menu, click on "View all" in the Adventure section, then scroll down, the Radiant Citadel link there works as expected.
It might just be that the update hasn't fully propagated to all the accounts yet? It might work as expected in a day or two.

pukunui

Legend
I'm seeing that same behavior, too. But if I mouse over "Sources" to pop open the menu, click on "View all" in the Adventure section, then scroll down, the Radiant Citadel link there works as expected.
Aha. Yes, it shows up there for me as well. That's also the only way for me to access the Vecna Dossier, as it doesn't appear in the Sources dropdown.

Not seeing that issue, myself. After claiming it, the link from the sources page takes me to the sample chapter, as expected.
Interesting! I preordered this book ages ago, but when I click on the book link in the Sources dropdown, it still just takes me to the preorder page.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases