• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Random campaign drawings...

Kip the Bold

First Post
Tal-fen: These strange looking multi-bladed weapons are crafted and used by the A’trani. A proper Tal-fen is a masterwork weapon forged from a silvery metal called Shen-shil whose properties are very similar to mithril. A Tal-fen crafted from a material other that Shen-shil or mitrhil is heavy and very unwieldy, giving the user a –2 penalty on all attack rolls with the weapon. It is rumored that the design of these weapons was a failed attempt at duplicating the githyanki silver swords, though this has never been confirmed.

Large Exotic Melee Weapon
Steel Tal-fen 150gp 2d6 19-20/x3 - 20 lb. (S)
Shen-shil Tal-fen* 1150gp 2d6 19-20/x3 - 10 lb. (S)

(This weapon is loosely based on a weapon from the old West End Star Wars RPG, I think it was called a Jengardin Warrior Knife or something along those lines.)

Attachments

• talfensml.jpg
    talfensml.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

Kip the Bold

First Post
This is a picture of an Ogre torturer, with a spiked chain. And here are his stats, too.

Vurag: Male Ogre Giant4/Rog3/Ftr3; Large Giant ; HD 4d8+12 (Giant) , 3d6+9 (Rogue) , 3d10+9 (Fighter) ; hp 83; Init + 0; Spd 30; AC 19; Atk + 13 base melee, + 7 base ranged; +14 ( 2d4+7+1d6, +1 Chain, spiked ); Class Features:Sneak Attack +2d6, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge (Dex bonus to AC); AL CE; SV Fort + 11, Ref + 5, Will + 6; STR 22, DEX 10, CON 16, INT 7, WIS 12, CHA 6.
Possessions:Weapons: +1 frost spiked chain, +2 Studded leather.
Skills: Climb + 9, Intimidate + 11, Listen + 7, Profession (Sculptor) + 14, Sense Motive + 11. Feats: Cleave, Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Chain, spiked, Improved Critical: Chain, spiked, Iron Will, Power Attack, Sunder.

Attachments

• ogretortsml1.jpg
    ogretortsml1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 195

Kip the Bold

First Post
here's a random monster:

Giant Raven
Large Magical Beast

Hit Dice: 4d10+4 (26 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft., fly 80ft. (average)
AC: 15 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural)
Attacks: 2 claws +7 (+4 base, +4 Strength, -1 size), bite +2 (+ 4 base, +4 strength, -5 secondary,-1 size)
Damage: claw 1d6+4, bite 1d8+2
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5ft./5ft.
Special Qualities: Evasion
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +3
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10
Skills: Bluff +6, Knowledge (nature)+3, Listen +7, Sense Motive +5, Spot +10, Wilderness lore +6
Feats: Alertness
Climate/Terrain: Any forest, hill, mountain, and plains
Organization: Solitary, pair, flock (3-15)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually neutral evil
Advancement: 5-9 (large), 10-12 (huge)

Giant ravens are cunning predators who hunt in flocks and sometimes associate with evil creatures.
Giant ravens resemble normal ravens, only they stand around 8 feet tall with a wingspan of up to 20 feet. Their eyes are red and have a sinister glint to them.
They attack any creature that seems weaker than them, swooping from the sky and going for a quick kill. They are able to eat almost anything, from cattle to crops to carrion, and some have developed a taste for the flesh of intelligent creatures.
Giant ravens mate for life, and can live up to 50 years. They raise their young in the spring, and the 2-4 hatchlings are ready to join the flock in a month after hatching. The young ravens reach full mature size by the end of their first summer.
Giant ravens speak Common, Auran, and Sylvan.

Combat
Giant ravens typically swoop down upon their prey, using group tactics to overwhelm their opponents. They routinely use wolf-pack strategies, using flanking, feinting, and other tricks to defeat their enemies. They delight in tormenting weaker foes. The flock will usually flee if resistance is proving too strong, or more than half of their number are slain.
Solitary giant ravens usually attack to defend a nearby nest, attempting to lure away intruders, but they fight to the death if necessary.

Training a Giant Raven
Training a giant raven as an aerial mount requires a successful Handle Animal check (DC 24 for a young creature, or DC 29 for an adult) and that creature must be willing.
Giant Raven eggs are worth around 2000 gp each on the open market, while live chicks are worth around 3500 gp each. Trainers typically charge 1500gp to rear or train a giant raven, and riding one requires an exotic saddle. A giant raven can fight when carrying a rider, but the rider cannot also attack unless he succeeds at a ride check (See Ride, page 72 Core Rulebook I.)
Carrying Capacity: A light load for a giant raven is up to 300 pounds; a medium load, 301-600 pounds; and a heavy load; 601-900 pounds.

On the Coast
Giant ravens serve as mounts for the dreaded elite Skyknights of Vinimar.

Attachments

• graven.jpg
    graven.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 187

Eosin the Red

First Post
Olah Kip,

Would you mind if I used the Book on my campaign webpage (not the WoT one)? It is not up yet but I saw the book and knew it was perfect.

PS - nice maps. Wish I could draw and paint instead of computing them.

Kip the Bold

First Post
Eosin the Red said:
Olah Kip,

Would you mind if I used the Book on my campaign webpage (not the WoT one)? It is not up yet but I saw the book and knew it was perfect.

PS - nice maps. Wish I could draw and paint instead of computing them.
Sure, go ahead. If you could just credit it to John O'Connor somewhere on your page, I would appreciate it ( now that i look at the book, i realize i didnt sign it. Doh!)

Thanks for the compliment on the maps :) I am actually re-doing all of my maps on the computer...

Kip the Bold

First Post
Here are a couple of pics that I drew for yesterday's (Jan. 25) session...

The first one is a pic of a huge duergar fortress, where the PCs had gated in to rescue thier ally Daggan who was being held prisoner. This was about 5 minutes with a pencil and a pen...

Attachments

• hammerdainsml.jpg
    hammerdainsml.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 138

Kip the Bold

First Post
and here is a map of the city of D'Goom, along with a key...

Key
Locations
1 Hammerdain Clan Fortress (Doomhold) A
2 Arnthu River/Arnthu Chasm
3 Laduguers Tears
4 Bridge of Barakan
5 Mindspire B
6 The Braid
7 Dreadhorn Clan Fortress (Dreadkeep) C
8 Stoneshield Clan Fortress (Shieldfell) D
9 Skull Square

Quarters/Neighborhoods
A Quarter of Truth (Hammerdain Quarter)
B Skull Quarter (Mostly Karmoru, a Psion clan)
C Grim Ward (Mostly Dreadhorn Clan)
D Steel Ward (Stoneshield Clan)
E Broken Quarter (Clanless Dwarves, Craftsmen)
F Faery Quarter/Cobwebs (Drow Refugees, Wizards)
G Savage Quarter (Humanoids, Lots of Bugbears)
H Sun Ward (Surface dwellers, Humans, Dwarves)

Attachments

• dgoommapsml.jpg
    dgoommapsml.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 142

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads