• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Random campaign drawings...

Sixchan

First Post
I can't decide which I like better, Nimari or the Gnome Berserker...

This stuff is great! I can't draw to save myself.

Kip the Bold

First Post
Sixchan said:
I can't decide which I like better, Nimari or the Gnome Berserker...

This stuff is great! I can't draw to save myself.

Thanks, man. One of these days I'm going to get around to coloring Nimari...

Kip the Bold

First Post
today seems like as good a day as any :)

Attachments

• nimaricolorsml.jpg
    nimaricolorsml.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 255

Kip the Bold

First Post
This is a pic of a monster I created for my campaign a long time ago, and just for the heck of it I'll throw out the stats. I know that I found are a couple of errors in the stats a while ago, but I can't really remember what they are.

Silent Sentinel ©2001 John O’Connor
Large Construct (Golem)

Hit Dice: 8d10 (44 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 24 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +13 natural)
Attacks: 2 Slams + 12 (+7 Strength, -1 size, -6 base) melee
Damage: Slam 2d6 + 7
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5ft./10 ft.
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 30/+1, construct, silent aura, silencing fists, SR 12, Blindsight 30 ft., Sonic Immunity
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 14, Con -, Int -, Wis 12, Cha 1
---------------------------------------------------------------
Climate/Terrain: Any land or underground
Organization: Solitary, Pair (2), Squad (3-6)
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 9-12 HD (Large-size)

Silent Sentinels are large constructs are similar in appearance to iron golems. They stand around 10 feet tall and weigh around 2000 pounds. They are gaunt and angular, protected by armored metal plates studded with spikes. The head has a pair of narrow slits that resemble eyes, but the nose and mouth are just covered by a spiked metal plate. They walk with a smooth gait, and their movements have an alien grace to them.
Silent Sentinels do not speak, and their aura of silence usually prevents them from creating any sound whatsoever. The creators and masters of Silent Sentinels control them by using a set of complicated hand gestures.

Combat
Silent Sentinels are tough opponents, particularly against spellcasters who are unprepared for their silence effects. They are usually set to attack anyone who enters the area they are guarding, pounding them with their fists untill they are dead.
Silent Aura (Su): A silent sentinel continually radiates an aura of silence up to a 30 foot radius around itself. While it has no skill ranks in move silently, the sentinel is always considered to be successfully moving silently because of this aura. This aura can be turned off or have its range changed with a complicated command gesture from its master.
Silencing Fists (Su): Anyone struck by a silent sentinel’s slam attack must make a Fortitude save DC 16 or be affected by a silence spell (Target radiates a 15 foot radius aura of silence). This effect has a duration of 10 minutes. This can be removed by a dispel magic (DC 19), remove curse, or heal spell.
Sonic Immunity (Su): Silent sentinels are immune to all sonic effects.
Construct: Immune to mind influencing effects, poison, disease, and similar effects. Not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, energy drain, or death from massive damage.

Construction
A Silent Sentinel’s body is created from 2000 pounds of steel alchemically treated with a rare silencing substance known as whispercane.
The Silent Sentinel costs 80,000gp to construct, which includes 1500gp for the alchemically treated steel body. Assembling the body requires a Craft (Armorsmithing) check DC (20) and an Alchemy check DC (20).
The creator must be at least 16th level and be able to cast arcane spells. Completing the ritual drains 1000xp from the creator and requires animate objects, geas/quest, limited wish, polymorph any object and silence. The creator must cast all these spells himself.

On the Coast
The secrets of creating silent sentinels is long lost, but these constructs can occasionally be encountered guarding ancient cities of Lurand, following orders given perhaps thousands of years ago. If anyone could rediscover the method of their creation, the Artificers Guild would pay handsomely for that information.

Attachments

• silentsentsml.jpg
    silentsentsml.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 219

d12

First Post
Thanks! I just copied Fergus for my new wizard PC - he's perfect. You are providing a wonderful service to your fellow roleplayer.

Kip the Bold

First Post
d12 said:
Thanks! I just copied Fergus for my new wizard PC - he's perfect. You are providing a wonderful service to your fellow roleplayer.

Pretty cool. He is a minor villian IMC that the PCs have only ran into twice. I draw tons of this stuff for my campaign as handouts that I use only once, glad you can use it in your game :)

Kip the Bold

First Post
Here is a map of the astral city of Aramesh, its basically a bunch of rocks floating in a big bubble.

Attachments

• arameshmapsml.jpg
    arameshmapsml.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 193

Kip the Bold

First Post
This is a picture of Sa-Velered, head honcho of Aramesh. He is an A'trani, which is more or less an astral planetouched.

Here are the A'trani racial traits, minus the fluffy stuff.

A’Trani Racial Traits

· +2 Charisma, +2 Dexterity, - 2 Constitution. A’trani are lithe and quick and have strong personalities, but life on the Astral takes a toll on their bodies.
· Medium Size
· A’trani base speed is 30 feet. While on the Astral plane, A’trani can use either their Intelligence or their Charisma to determine their astral speed (normally, astral speed is equal to 10 feet per point of Intelligence). In addition, their speed is determined as if their ability score was 2 points higher, effectively granting them a +20 to their speed.
· A’trani have darkvision to a range of 60 feet.
· A’trani gain a +2 racial bonus to Listen, Spot, and Search checks. They have keen senses, sharpened by life on the Astral.
· Once per day an A’trani can use the spell analyze portal once per day as a spell-like ability, as a 10th level sorcerer. A’trani have learned to attune themselves to dimensional gateways.
· +2 racial bonus to saves against poison and disease. A’trani have a strange metabolism.
· +2 to racial bonus to saving throws against spells. A’trani have grown slightly resistant to magic, but they have not developed full spell resistance.
· +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against a type of outsider, usually outsider (evil). A’trani train against those who may attack them, especially the githyanki.
· A’trani are trained from a young age in the use of the Tal-fen for ceremonial purposes and defense, and are proficient with it.
· Automatic Languages: Common, Lurandian. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic)
· Native Outsider: While most dwell upon the astral plane, A’trani racial ties to the material plane are still strong. For most purposes an A’trani is considered an outsider, however an A’trani can be raised or resurrected unlike most outsiders.
· ECL:+1
Favored Class: Sorcerer

Attachments

• saveleredsml.jpg
    saveleredsml.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

Remove ads