Random campaign drawings...

Kip the Bold

First Post
Malessa said:
I'm wondering, how do you do the metal effects. It's just awesome how you bring armor and weapons to look so real!
I'm glad you like my metal effects. I use photoshop and am not all that familiar with PSP, so I'm not sure how much this will help, but I'll tell you how I color the metal. First, I put down a flat grey color for the base. It can be on its own layer, but I put all flat colors on one layer and use them to make selections. Then, I use the airbrush tool with screen (to lighten) and multiply (to darken) to try to create depth and fake reflections. To make the really shiny parts, I create a new layer on top of everything else, including the line art, and just airbrush highlights in white.
Well. there you have it. I'm not sure if it was too helpfull and if you have any questions please ask. I'm still learning this computer coloring thing myself.

Malessa

First Post
Very helpful, it sounds as if PSP and Photo Shop are quite similar. Only problem is, my husband has shown me layers several times, but I haven't quite got it down yet. As I have mentioned earlier, so far everything is one layer for me with paint and touch ups. I will have to try your advice for sure, with weapons and armor. My last pic I did in color, his swords look like star wars light sabers, lol. Oh well, I'm still learning.
Thanks for your help! At least it's fun trying all this.:D

Kip the Bold

First Post

Attachments

• ferguscolorsml2.jpg
    ferguscolorsml2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 773

Malessa

First Post
Thanks for the link Kip! I saved it to fav's, and looking it over. Yes, it is exactly what I needed, and VERY helpful! :D
Nice thief btw!

Kip the Bold

First Post
Here's a color pic of squint, the viciously evil gnome sorcerer. I would like to have posted a higher res pic, but it seems like the max size for an attatchement has changed from around 200k to 10k. Oh well :D

Attachments

• squintcolorwkdsml.jpg
    squintcolorwkdsml.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 756

Kip the Bold

First Post
__hr_Forest+people+small.jpg
This is a pic of three random NPCs from my campaign that were only encountered once very briefly and I will probably never use them again, but i wanted to draw them. From left to right, they are Olek, an irritable fighter who likes soup, Sithari, a fairly friendly dark elf, and a druid whose name I cannot remember at the moment and his lion animal companion.

If anyone can't see this pic, please let me know, thanks.

Last edited:

cthuluftaghn

First Post
Kip... If you want me to remove this pic from your thread, just say so. But, I just wanted to show it to you. A friend of mine is starting a new campaign, and he asked each of us to choose character art for our PC's. I thought your picture of Fergus was nearly perfect in style and attitude for my rogue, Renaelus. I just changed out his equipment, and this is what I came up with.

By the way... to post your picture if it's hosted on Yahoo... view the picture in Yahoo photos, then right click on it and select "Properties". The picture's URL will show up. Just copy/paste it into the window that comes up when you hit the IMG button.

Renaelus+-+Kip.jpg

Kip the Bold

First Post
I think that modified pic of fergus looks pretty cool, actually. You can leave it posted, and feel free to use it as a PC portrait.

And thanks for that Yahoo tip, now i don't have to consume any of enworlds valuable hard drive space for my pics. :)

Remove ads