D&D 5E Ranger Primal Companion Options

Xeviat

Hero
Wow, I had not realised quite how robust the new design is. You probably just demonstrated that future books, DM's Guild and homebrew can easily expand the subclass without messing up balance or really modifying the subclass again. There is clearly room for growth, but getting that growth seems as easy as adding spells or fighter maneuvers.

Beast Master at 11th gets to direct the beast to attack twice when they use their bonus action.

Xeviat

Hero
I wonder if the stat block has room for things like Blink Dogs, and like young owlbears and displacer beasts, or other "almost an animal" creatures...

I say giving up the charge damage for things should be able to pay for a lot of other things. Charge is consistent extra damage (no extra attack roll for extra damage like pounce), but it requires movement that may limit it to once per encounter (lest you risk opportunity attacks).

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I say giving up the charge damage for things should be able to pay for a lot of other things. Charge is consistent extra damage (no extra attack roll for extra damage like pounce), but it requires movement that may limit it to once per encounter (lest you risk opportunity attacks).
Yeah, a short range teleport shouldn’t be too costly on a pet.

Andras

Explorer
"Whenever you start casting the spell, you can modify it so that it doesn’t require concentration. If you do so, the spell’s duration becomes 1 minute for that casting."

Just saw this in the Fey Wanderer....

Why not do this for Hunter's Mark? Seriously...what the heck.

I think that is only for the Summon Fey spell itself.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Still can’t seem to put the Primal Companion options in a character sheet, much less make homebrew new ones/variants and make them available

Celtic-Knight

Villager
The rider fddsf.png

Yes I love this idea, I'm playing a Rogue/Ranger with proficiency in Painters and Calligraphy toolkit so I want to convince my DM that he can turn his drawings to life. I have a whole of ideas for creatures designed for performing specific tasks, such as The Rider, The Burden, The Symbiont and The Slither.
To give context when I think Primal Companion I think of weird and wonderful creatures from Studio Ghibli films.

Remove ads