Rate Serenity

How does Serenity make you feel?

• 1. What the hell was that? My eyes are bleeding!

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 2. Awful. Joss is losing it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Very Poor. That was really bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Poor. I hoped for more.

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 5. Average. It was okay.

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 6. Good. Worth the money.

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • 7. Very Good. That was really good.

Votes: 17 7.6%
  • 8. Excellent. When is the DVD coming out?

Votes: 53 23.6%
  • 9. Near Perfect. That rocked! Joss is a genius!

Votes: 82 36.4%
  • 10. WOW! I mean Wow! I'm in Firefly heaven!

Votes: 60 26.7%

LightPhoenix

First Post
I thought it was good, but not a perfect ten good. Normally I'd have rated it a 7, but I gave it an 8 in fanboyish goodness. It would definitely be a seven, maybe even a six, if I hadn't seen the show. There are a lot of scenes which really resonate having seen the show, but probably wouldn't if you went in cold. I'd go into more detail but this is a spoiler-free thread.

Personally, my feeling is it would have worked much better as the second half of the first season, and maybe that's where Joss was going before being cancelled, who knows?

Dark Jezter

First Post
Joss Whedon raped my childhood! :mad:

Okay, just kidding. I thought it was an entertaining enough movie. I gave it a 7. Worth seeing, but I'm not certain whether or not I'll want to get it on DVD.

sniffles

First Post
I saw it on a sneak preview a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I gave it a 9.
My only reservation would be that it really would have been better as a tv movie, but I'm just glad it got made. I'm going to see it again in about 4 hours. :D

Shadowdancer

First Post
I rarely give movies a 10. That said, I voted it a 9. I saw an advanced screening back in May, and saw a matinee again today. It was as good as I remembered it. :D

Bring on the DVD, loaded with lots of extra goodies.

Just got back...absolutely loved it. I'm no Whedon fan(hate Buffy and Angel), but he really nailed it with Firefly. I especially love that they kept the whole no sound in space thing.

Between Serenity and Revenge of the Sith, this has been a good year for space movies for me. :)

Crothian said:
:eek: :eek:

I don't know you anymore..... :confused:
...you don't?!

With two Star Wars SHs flying in my sig and me popping in pretty much every single Star Wars thread that crosses these boards, I'm surprised. Especially coming from you. :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads