• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rate "The Incredibles"

Rate "The Incredibles"

• 1 Lowest

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 5 2.7%

Votes: 33 17.6%

Votes: 64 34.2%
  • 10 Highest

Votes: 82 43.9%

Jhamin

First Post
WanderingMonster said:
I saw that and then it popped into my mind that there might be more tributes in the flick. Anyone else catch anything?

There is the obvious one; The whole family was a Fantastic Four Homage. (Strong/Tough hero, streachy hero, invisible hero w/force fields). They just replaced the fire guy with a speedster.

At this point, I'm thinking that the Fantastic Four movie is going to end up looking like a ripoff of a homage to them!
I know they are going to have a tough time making a better superhero movie than this.

Shallown

First Post
Saw it last night and loved it.

Best part for me was the mom and dad were very capable Parents and Super heroes. I hate it when the dad is a buffoon and mom fixes everything. I liked it that they seemed very realistic and the problems were understandable between them. I could believe they were married and thatthe family was reaL. At least more real than most movie families.

Mr. Incredible was a great super hero and you could tell why he was hero of the year. He was competent and a good guy. His problems with normal life are understandable compared to who he was.

I liked that the kids seemed naturals as well but still acted their age somewhat.

I liked most everything about this movie. The super hero action scenes were better than almost every other super hero action movie.

Elastigirl's use of her powers was impressive as well she was no one trick pony.

I wonder if budget wise it would be possible to make super hero movies animated versus real world. I think the medium is better suited to it. I mean Siperman and Spidey 2 were the best recreations of a comic so far but would it be just as easy to have done it like the Incredibles.

Later

WizarDru

Adventurer
Jhamin said:
At this point, I'm thinking that the Fantastic Four movie is going to end up looking like a ripoff of a homage to them!
I know they are going to have a tough time making a better superhero movie than this.

The only way they're going to pull off the FF movie is if they learn from this movie and the spiderman and x-men franchises: the movie's core emotional heart is what drives it and makes it compelling. The successful superhero movies aren't about the powers, they're about the people with the powers. Mr. Incredible is a super-strong, super-agile hero with limited invulnerability. Cool, but not unique by any measure. However, the character of Mr. Incredible is both interesting and unique.

It's been two days, and I still can't get this movie out of my head. It's that good.

DMH

First Post
I also give it a 10. I think that this is the most popular Pixar film for adults simply because it is aimed much more at them than the previous ones.

I wish that the 2 people who gave it a 5 would explain their reasoning.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
The POLL is not high enough...I would have given it a 100...:D, but yeah...lets hope for Part 2.

*Mr. Incredible..*

"Yes..?"

*Looks like you are back in business*

"Is everyone okay with that...hummm, honey, is that okay with you?"

[thinking]

'Sure, as long the kids get to school on time...education is very important you know.'

{YEAHHHH!!!}

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Definately a '10'. My son (8) and daughter (5) loved it as well.

In the first scene where Syndrome shows up, my son leans over to me and says "
Look dad, he's wearing a cape!
" :cool:

Dimwhit

Explorer
And let's not forget that Craig T. Nelson and Holly Hunter were PERFECT choices for the voice work on the parents. As mentioned earlier, Jason Lee was also a perfect choice.

Definitely another home run for Pixar.

F5

Explorer
Truth Seeker said:
...lets hope for Part 2.

Sadly, I don't have high hopes for an 'Incredibles 2'. Disney owns the rights to the characters. Once Pixar's contract is done, they won't be doing any more Incredibles movies. Disney may try to churn out sequels without Pixar (in fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't), but we've all seen what Disney's direct-to-video sequels look like, and it ain't pretty...

All the more reason why I NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE! NEED! It's the only one we're gonna GET! I just hope I get a chance while it's still on the big screen.

Remove ads