• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rate "The Incredibles"

Rate "The Incredibles"

• 1 Lowest

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 5 2.7%

Votes: 33 17.6%

Votes: 64 34.2%
  • 10 Highest

Votes: 82 43.9%

Henry

Autoexreginated
Claudio, hunt this movie.

Stalk this movie.

If it's out, go see it.

If it's not yet out in Rio, camp for it. :)

It's up your alley.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Hopefully, we'll take the kids to see it again this week. What a fantastic movie.

One thing that sticks out for me was when Mr. Impossible and Elastigirl are running from
Syndrome's Base, to find the kids. Instead of going for the easy "embarassed husband trying to convince his wife that he's not having an affair" slapstick, he says one of the best lines in the movie, to me, essentially saying "I don't care how much you want to turn this into an argument, I'm just happy you're alive!" It's an incredibly human moment, and he's almost giddy with joy. He thought he'd lost everything that truly mattered to him, and suddenly it's all back...and like the strawberry you have after nearly dying, it's the best tasting strawberry ever, if you will.
The movie works on so many levels because Bird doesn't go for the cheap laugh or make his characters simple 2-dimensional characters. You care about the Paars and what happens to them. Elastigirl is portrayed as Mr. Incredibles equal, for example, every bit the capables superhero he is. The kids don't spout one-liners and they aren't just macguffins.

Claudio, you MUST see this movie, when it comes out there.

Last edited:

F5

Explorer
DMH said:
...I have no idea what the fire stands for. ...

He's a baby. Babies run fevers all the time...

But you're right about his powers' "theme", as it fits in with the rest of the family's powers, they're the traits of an infant, on a superhuman scale. Babies moods' change all the time, and suddenly, and often without warning. Jack-jack's power is to manifest the living embodiment of the Temper Tantrum...

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Well, I'm obviously late to the party here but my wife and I saw this movie last weekend and I would place it in the top 10 best movies I've ever seen. I can't even recall the last time that I sat in a theatre just filled with pure JOY as each scene unfolded.

The only problem I is that I now have a rather severe case of the hotties for Elasti-Mom. The Holly Hunter southern accent combined with stretching powers make me woozy.

Plus, baby got back. :cool:

Wombat

First Post
I really, really liked the film.

That being said, I preferred Monsters, Inc. and Finding Nemo. But for me that's like saying I prefer Chunky Monkey to Cherry Garcia -- I would never turn either down!

Overall I gave it a 9, partially just because there was no "pay off" in the credits ;)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
My wife doesn't like animations, but she enjoyed Finding Nemo, so she agreed to see the Incredibles... and didn't like it. The problem is that the trailers were very funny, and as a result we were expecting a funny film - when actually it turned out to be a pretty serious film.

I particularly found
Captain Incredible looking at superhero after superhero who had been murdered by Syndrome as he perfected his killer robot
a viscerally stunning moment.

I'll not pollute the score by rating it at the moment, I hope to see it again with a more accurate expectation of what the film is (the closest referent I could think of was sorta James Bond in style)

Cheers

TheAuldGrump

First Post
This is one of the very few movies that I have seen more than once in the theater.

The last one before this was Silence of the Lambs, and before that Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The Auld Grump

Remove ads