• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rate "The Incredibles"

Rate "The Incredibles"

• 1 Lowest

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 5 2.7%

Votes: 33 17.6%

Votes: 64 34.2%
  • 10 Highest

Votes: 82 43.9%

ghettognome

First Post
Piratecat said:
You're probably thinking of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

We saw The Incredibles today, and loved it. what a great flick; I can't wait to see it again.

No, the movie I am thinking of isn't that old. I think it was the animated movie where Mel Gibson played the voice of a Rooster and all the hens were in love with him and he helped them to escape, it was either that or Monster's Inc.
The mini itself had something to do with a bunch of birds sitting on a telephone line. That is as much as I remember, and can't remember for sure which movie it came before.

Last edited:

WizarDru

Adventurer
ghettognome said:
No, the movie I am thinking of isn't that old. I think it was the animated movie where Mel Gibson played the voice of a Rooster and all the hens were in love with him and he helped them to escape, it was either that or Monster's Inc.
The mini itself had something to do with a bunch of birds sitting on a telephone line. That is as much as I remember, and can't remember for sure which movie it came before.
The movie you are refering to is Chicken Run, from Aardman animations. It was a claymation movie, not CGI, and had no cartoon before it. It was from the same team that created Wallace and Gromit.

The mini you're referring to was "For the Birds", a Pixar short that won an academy award, and appeared before Finding Nemo, iirc.

Dimwhit

Explorer
I believe 'For the Birds' is indeed what you're talking about (great short, btw), but it was before Monsters, Inc., not Nemo. I'm about 95% sure on that.

DMH

First Post
I think the short before Nemo is the insipid one with the snow globe snowman. That is the only short I don't like from Pixar.

Starman

Adventurer
Holy crap! I just got back from seeing this with my two daughter. This movie floored me. I was expecting it to be good, but it was so much better than that. I am seriously blown away with the awesomeness that is The Incredibles. Easily a 10. I agree with the previous poster that said this should get a Best Picture nom. Definitely that good.

Starman

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
WanderingMonster said:
I saw that and then it popped into my mind that there might be more tributes in the flick. Anyone else catch anything?
I saw a tribute, but its not really directed to any movie, but to John Ratzenberger who is better known as, Cliff Clavin (Cheers), and Hamm the piggy bank from Toy Story, anyhow as far as I can tell he’s been the only voice that’s been in every Pixar feature movie. :)

Krieg

First Post
leno.jpg
+
heat-miser.jpg
=
syndrome.jpg

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads