• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rate "The Incredibles"

Rate "The Incredibles"

• 1 Lowest

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 5 2.7%

Votes: 33 17.6%

Votes: 64 34.2%
  • 10 Highest

Votes: 82 43.9%

Dimwhit said:
What did you all think of the teaser for Cars? I wasn't sold on it, but since Pixar has done nothing but excellent films, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

It's the last one with Disney, I believe, so I can't wait to see what else they come up with afterward (not that anything should change--it's not like Disney had anything to do with their films up to now).
It was too short to really get anything...I'll keep my eyes open for more on it, though.

I really love these Pixar movies for all the little touches they throw in. Things like:

1. The local names. I heard San Pablo Avenue in there at the beginning (a major street that runs through several adjacent cities in the Bay Area), and the computer map in Mr. Icredible's car in the same scene looked like a map of Emeryville (where the Pixar campus is, natch). I heard (have to go back and see for myself) that the school logo in the last scene was the Spartans, with a logo similar to San Jose State's, which many Pixar employees went to.

2. Frozone uses Hai Karate! What a perfect touch. Samuel L. Jackson himself seems like the kind of guy who has got a crate of the stuff secreted away somewhere.

3. The Parr house had that great 50's-hip, Eichler look to it. Didn't that just look like someplace superheros would live? Somebody at Pixar had to design that whole thing and it was just flawless.

4. The chase through the jungle had some bits that were shot-for-shot identical to the ROTJ speeder bike chase.

Brad Bird just keeps knockin' em out the box. Let's hope this one does better at the box office than Iron Giant did (which I somehow think it will).

WanderingMonster

First Post
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
4. The chase through the jungle had some bits that were shot-for-shot identical to the ROTJ speeder bike chase.
I saw that and then it popped into my mind that there might be more tributes in the flick. Anyone else catch anything?

WanderingMonster said:
I saw that and then it popped into my mind that there might be more tributes in the flick. Anyone else catch anything?
The most obvious one was the Cerebro room when Mr. Incredible finds out the details of the evil plan.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
Brad Bird just keeps knockin' em out the box. Let's hope this one does better at the box office than Iron Giant did (which I somehow think it will).
It's done better on it's opening day than Iron Giant did in it's entire run, so I think that's a safe bet. :) Current expectation is that it will gross around $80 million this weekend.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
I just got back from seeing it with my fiance. It was amazing, worth a 10 indeed. I'm looking forward to owning this on DVD (and hoping for extra bonus footage).

I thought Cars was interesting enough, but I'd need to see more to be sure. I especially liked the animated short with the sheep. That was hillarious, and hopefully will set a retro trend of small cartoons before films.

I'll definately go see this again.

Hell, after watching it, I want to play Mutants & MAsterminds now.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Pseudonym said:
Hell, after watching it, I want to play Mutants & MAsterminds now.

I was trying to get one of my friends to join our Aberrant game as a result of seeing it.

You know, the plot sort of reminded me of Kingdom Come, in reference to heroes coming back. Of course, it's not a 100% match, but it was neat.

Brad

Remove ads