D&D Movie/TV Rawson Thurber will write and direct the D&D TV Series!

I love the 80's cartoon, it was my favorite, but their story had to be closed. Better with a "new generation" of "isekai"("other world").

An action-live D&D production can work as action-comedy+fantasy adventure. The current generation is used to Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, the Witcher, Warcraft and Game of Thrones among others. There is a potential market willing to watch it.

And here we are talking about TV, and here the strategy is different. The people go to the cinemas to watch spectacules, but with the TV they ask the best stories/scripts/plots.

Hasbro/WotC needs the best relations with Disney, Warner/DC and Amazon, and Paramount, and that if we forget all theories or speculations about possible mergers or adquisitions in the future.

And let's remember a producer can enjoy a good success or a true flop. We can't guess if the audence will like it. Disney has showed examples with Star Wars and MCU, with titles more popular than others.

My opinion is animation should be easier to be produced than action-live.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Eone is a production company, not a channel, they will likely make a deal with Netflix or Amazon for distribution, I don't see CBSViacom, Peacock, HBOmax, or Stars being able to out bid Netflix or Amazon Prime on this. A few regional players like Bell Media here in Canada might out bid them for rights in particular countries outside the US.
Or maybe they just dont have any interest in bidding on it.

Remove ads