Ray Winninger comments on the OGL

theCourier

Adventurer
Yeah, it would take a cartoonish rich person to overpay for the D&D IP for it ever to not be under hands that aren't publically traded. But then you have a know problem.

What's happening to D&D could happen to any TTRPG IP. I tell yall right now. If Paizo ever becomes big and publically traded or bought by some entity that is: that free wiki is gone.

All you can hope that enough people stating disagreements with bad ideas like Ray can convince decisions like this before it's too late.
Oh dear god, Elon Musk is going to try and buy D&D

Well that clears up the previous discussion over whether Ray was involved with this and pretty much also clears up any "why he suddenly left" discussion too.

That's interesting because it means this plan cannot be more than a few months old.

Literally every single piece of evidence we have supports it being only a few months old (perhaps as little as three), but it's interesting to see it effectively confirmed here.

dave2008

Legend
Well that clears up the previous discussion over whether Ray was involved with this and pretty much also clears up any "why he suddenly left" discussion too.

That's interesting because it means this plan cannot be more than a few months old.

Literally every single piece of evidence we have supports it being only a few months old (perhaps as little as three), but it's interesting to see it effectively confirmed here.
It seems that way. Does that make it better or worse? I makes me feel a bit better, but it makes Hasbro look even more inept IMO.

Remove ads