D&D 5E Ray Winninger mentions third project!

WotC's Ray Winniger has confirmed that another D&D release, by James Wyatt, will be released in between Witchlight (September) and Strixhaven (November). Strixhaven was Amanda Hamon's project, while Witchlight is Chris Perkins'. That assumes he's not referring to the Feywild accessory kit in September. A lot of people are asking Qs about the [D&D] releases for the rest of this year. Yes...

WotC's Ray Winninger has confirmed that another D&D release, by James Wyatt, will be released in between Witchlight (September) and Strixhaven (November). Strixhaven was Amanda Hamon's project, while Witchlight is Chris Perkins'. That assumes he's not referring to the Feywild accessory kit in September.

A lot of people are asking Qs about the [D&D] releases for the rest of this year.

Yes, WILD BEYOND THE WITCHLIGHT is the [Chris Perkins] story product I referenced in our dev blog. STRIXHAVEN is [Amanda Hamon's] project. We have not yet announced [James Wyatt's] project, which releases between WITCHLIGHT and STRIXHAVEN.

Why did we announce STRIXHAVEN so early? Pretty simple--there was no way to release the STRIX-related Unearthed Arcana without letting the cat out of the bag.

You'll learn a lot more about all of these products at D&D Live on G4, July 16 and 17. And yes, there is still a little surprise or two ahead.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Nah, if there's going to be a new DL trilogy, there will be a new DL D&D book. It doesn't matter who (anyone thinks) "initialized" it, it would be stupid to pass up that bit of synergy where the two products both serve to advertise for each other.

Jaeger

That someone better
Nah, if there's going to be a new DL trilogy, there will be a new DL D&D book. It doesn't matter who (anyone thinks) "initialized" it, it would be stupid to pass up that bit of synergy where the two products both serve to advertise for each other.

It is not a matter of "think". We know.

Hickman and Weis laid it out: They got publisher backing, then they went to WOTC for the license.

The new trilogy did not originate with WOTC.

Even when DL was a 3e setting, WOTC wound up turning over all responsibility for maintaining the Dragonlance setting in the 3rd edition to Margaret Weis's home company.

Of course all my tea leaf reading could be wrong - but unless the books do silly numbers I don't see WOTC making a big effort on synergy for a project they did not initiate.

darjr

I crit!
It is not a matter of "think". We know.

Hickman and Weis laid it out: They got publisher backing, then they went to WOTC for the license.

The new trilogy did not originate with WOTC.

Even when DL was a 3e setting, WOTC wound up turning over all responsibility for maintaining the Dragonlance setting in the 3rd edition to Margaret Weis's home company.

Of course all my tea leaf reading could be wrong - but unless the books do silly numbers I don't see WOTC making a big effort on synergy for a project they did not initiate.
They didn't initiate CR or Exandria either. They don't even own those properties.

Bardic Dave

Adventurer
WotC FIRED the guy who caused the lawsuit. It’s not WotC that has a problem with Dragonlance.

However until they announce it it’s all speculation.

Why are you so sure?

Apologies if this has already been covered in this thread and I missed it; who did they fire and what did he do to spark the lawsuit?

edit: nvm! It was already covered in this thread. My bad!

ChaosOS

Legend
I mean if we're doing setting fusions they already announced Planejammer for the end of the month
1623556326483.png
(a very high quality april fools a friend put together a few months ago)

Remove ads

Remove ads