Read the actual OGL document and take the survey when it comes out

to try to throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing for a few minutes of righteous indignation? That isn't going to do anything but make them feel tough and for WOTC to be able to say they tried to solicit feedback and it wasn't taken seriously.
Yeah, I have some real issues with some people like that.

So do you(general) think we have a right to ask WotC to leave the OGL alone or update to a 1.0b with only "irrevocable" added? Or do you(general) think WotC has their mind made up and the only thing we can do is negotiate on the smaller issues? I'm just afraid the majority will feel like WotC has their mind made up and will only voice the problems with the other issues.

Grantypants

Explorer
One surefire way to make sure your concerns are NOT heard is by complaining about things that they took out of the latest OGL draft.

For example, if the draft that WotC says they will release tomorrow doesn't have the license-back provision, but your survey response includes an angry rant about it, WotC will see that either as "this person didn't read the new draft and can be ignored" or "we did what this person wanted so we can count this as positive feedback".

We'll see what the new draft actually says and whether that matches what we've been told it will say.

edosan

Adventurer
All you can control is your response to things.

If a corporation asks for your feedback and you care, you should give your feedback. What they do with it is beyond your control but at least you said your piece.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I think I'll fill out the survey. And also take screen caps of everything so we can nitpick about the questions they make (and the ones that they don't).

Best case scenario, they actually ask the questions that matter. Worse case, we actually have fuel to stay angry at them and the evidence to call them on their hypocrisy.

GreyLord

Legend
I said something similar to this in another thread, but it deserves to be here.

THANK YOU!

For all of you who had faith and filled out the Survey, thank you. I can't say it enough.

It is because of all of you, those who took action with their wallets, those who took action with their words, those who took action in taking the survey, and the many other things people did to fight for the OGL that (I believe) cause Hasbro/WotC to change their course.

It is all of you who fought for this...so THANK YOU!

Thank you for having faith that reading the OGL and responding to the Survey could make a difference.

I believe it did.

So THANK YOU!

Remove ads