• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reality Shows: Your opinions

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Re: Re: My biggest problem...

Brown Jenkin said:
traditional scrippted shows while more expensive in the short term allow 2-3 airings durring prime time, plus if they last 5 years they have the potential to be cash cows in syndication.
The magic number these days for syndication seems to be 100 episodes. When the current Survivor wraps in a week they will already be up to a total of 90 one-hour episodes. Don't be the least bit surprised to see this go into syndication in another year, if not before.

Henry

Autoexreginated
LightPhoenix said:
And is it just me, or has Clay gone from complete and total dork to pimp daddy? Just watch him when he's around the ladies.

All Clay needs is a felt-and-feather hat, a fur coat, and a diamond-headed cane. :)

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Re: Re: Re: My biggest problem...

Silver Moon said:

The magic number these days for syndication seems to be 100 episodes. When the current Survivor wraps in a week they will already be up to a total of 90 one-hour episodes. Don't be the least bit surprised to see this go into syndication in another year, if not before.

I was aware of the 100 number but since most shows have 22-24 episodes per season I rounded to 5 years.

As for Survivor in syndication we shall see. Personally don't believe there will be enough intrest by stations to pick it up. Just because you reach syndication epoisode levels doesn't mean it is gaurunteed to be picked up.

Remove ads