Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [OOC] (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So, that ends the current combat. The High Artificer isn't chasing after the PCs although they should be wary that he is still out there and extremely powerful.

And now for the XP, which was hard to judge, since the High Artificer was extremely powerful and the DMG charts don't give values for certain challenges higher that the characters. But, this is what I came up with...

XP Gained vs. the High Artificer: 233,600
(Summoned Chain Devil is included in the XP for facing the High Artificer)
Blazing Bones [x2]: 375 x 2 = 750
Blazing Bones (was Hadyri): 500
Total Ad Hoc Bonus: 2,000

Final Total: 236,850 XP / 5 PCs

Equals 47,370 XP for each PC involved in the combat! (Those that survived, of course.) (Cohorts gain XP as noted on pp. 104-105 of the DMG.)

Note that in my games, I allow PCs to go up more than one level at a time if enough XP is gained through facing a powerful foe. Cohorts, however, shouldn't increase beyond the max. allowed, as noted on p. 105.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The one damage type change I'm definitely making, right now, is that all slug-throwing firearms do Ballistic damage instead of Piercing damage.

From the Starfarer's Handbook (pp. 98-99) this includes the following: Holdout Pistol, Light Autopistol, Heavy Autopistol, Hunting Carbine, Hunting Rifle, Shotgun, Assault Carbine, Submachine Gun, Assault Rifle, Light Machine-gun, Sniper Rifle, and Heavy Machine-gun.

From Imperial Supply this includes the following: Railgun Pistol, Blunderblast, Railgun Carbine, Railgun Rifle, Assault Railgun, ASW, Sniper Cannon, and Rail Cannon.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
All other damage types will remain the same until I go through the various firearms and figure out what I want to change. Explosive weapons will likely be noted as being Concussion damage type weapons (although some of them might be half Sonic too).

Weapons that do energy damage likely won't change unless there is something very unique about them. I'm more concerned with any weapon that is similar to the antimatter rifle listed in the DMG.

Shayuri

First Post
Actually, a posting of the dockside battle exp would be useful for me...I have a sinking suspicion I lost that figure.

Now I must to the SRD flee in search of a 3.5e experience table. Hehe...oh the things we forget. :)

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Actually, a posting of the dockside battle exp would be useful for me...I have a sinking suspicion I lost that figure.

Now I must to the SRD flee in search of a 3.5e experience table. Hehe...oh the things we forget. :)
I could use the xp reposted as well.

Shayuri try looking here for the 3.x experience table.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
XP Totals for the Dockside Battle
Zugorim: 9,000 XP
Lachlan Scaro: 3,000 XP
Azara: 1,500 XP
Tocrhor: 1,500 XP
Shock Trooper [x4]: 500 x 4 = 2,000 XP
Hover-Jeep Driver: 500 XP

Total XP: 17,500

Divided by original # of PCs (including Dakashi and Keth [but not Laran*]): 17,500 / 6

Equals 2,916 XP for each PC! So, Yin Hun is a bit behind on XP but not by much.

*The PC of the player who dropped out of the game almost right away.

Shayuri

First Post
Holy cow, so we really did level twice. Well, I'd be drooling with gratitude, but these early encounters rather conclusively prove that we will be needing it. :)

Thanks!

Remove ads