• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recharge Magic variant

Omegaxicor

First Post
I want to use the Recharge Magic variant described in Unearthed Arcana page 159-163 but I see a problem in the Set Recharge Time spells.

In short I can't remember the recharge times of every spell my players may use, this effectively means that either I can't use the variant or I have to have the book handy and look through it whenever my player's cast a spell, plus what if new spells are created?

Is there a general rule to determine whether a spell recharges in 30 minutes, 1 hour, 6 hours or 24 hours?

Also any better variants that are more balanced or whatever, would be appreciated

(forgive any spelling errors I haven't seen, I am using a Wireless Keyboard that regularly misses keystrokes)

Omegaxicor

First Post
hahaha lmao I am considering this again, I had completely forgotten about this and found it while searching for the same answer I couldn't find then :( isn't that depressing

well "Bump" seems appropriate... ;P

(I got a better keyboard now :) )

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, I don't know the answer to the durations, but you could always have the players track their durations with dice.

Omegaxicor

First Post
Why would I trust those lying thieving buggers :p

seriously though, that works for the general durations but not the specific duration spells

Remove ads