Recommend me a RPG for reading.

I’d also recommend Symbaroum since you already have Numenera. Coriolis would also be a contender. WHFRP 4e might also work for you.

My go to recommendation:

Spire: The City Must Fall

Great game, great setting, evocative writing, jam-packed with ideas on every page.

Available in hardcover with pdf. Self-contained, though there have been a couple of supplements.

Heart: The City Beneath is also a great read—smart, slightly surrealist deconstruction of dungeon-delving—though arguably better after you've at least skimmed Spire, since the settings are shared/linked.

ETA: Nuts. Looks like the regular hardcover is out of stock, so it's either the PDF or the pricier special edition hardcover (which I have, and it's lovely, but still).

Endroren

Adventurer
Publisher
I'd suggest you check out the World of Aetaltis: Adventurer's Guide! It's a book written "in character" as if by and for prospective adventurers in the World of Aetaltis. Compiled by the College of New Erinor, it includes both the official information and comments in the margins from other adventurers and experts, voicing their own opinions on the content.

The setting is for 5E, but this particular book doesn't include rules. World of Aetaltis: Adventurer's Guide - Mechanical Muse | DriveThruRPG.com

Remove ads