D&D 5E (Recruiting) Greyhawk Old-School Sandbox-Style Campaign

Schmoe

Adventurer
[MENTION=12460]airwalkrr[/MENTION] Looks like a great start! I do have one question, though. Are we allowed to use the built-in forum dice, such as [roll0]? That's a lot easier for me to use than to use a separate website and copy-paste URLs.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=12460]airwalkrr[/MENTION] Looks like a great start! I do have one question, though. Are we allowed to use the built-in forum dice, such as [roll0]? That's a lot easier for me to use than to use a separate website and copy-paste URLs.

Yes, you may absolutely use the built-in forum dice if that is your preferred method. Make sure to read your post afterwards however to make certain it is displayed properly. I have noted this feature to be occasionally buggy.

sithramir

First Post
No clue why it didn't work and usually I use m yphone and forum dice. Didn't work so here's my rolls:

http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/38346/

STR 9, DEX 13, CON 10, INT 10, WIS 14, CHA 10

(Obviously I didn't order stats so that will change character choice).

What's the list of characters now? I normally place spellcasters but with the long rest thing I figured i'd try out a fighter or something I don't normally play but I can help fill a roll as well depending on others. An overall current list might be useful?

Edit: Can I reroll stats? If not i'll have a pretty sucky character. This is lower than standard point buy.

Last edited:

Spartain104

First Post
Does anyone want to have a shared background/backstory? I was thinking it might help if one or two of us knew/knew of each other. Whether its meeting on the road, or twin brothers. I dont know.

Schmoe

Adventurer
[MENTION=12183]sithramir[/MENTION]I don't think those stats look too bad. You have a net bonus of +2 across your stats, before racial adjustments, so it's workable. Remember this is a return to old-school gaming. Part of the charm is working with what you get.

[MENTION=6800191]Spartain104[/MENTION]Did you have anything in mind? Helmut was a sergeant in the army and was born in the Domain of Greyhawk. Any thoughts on how they might have crossed paths?

sithramir

First Post
[MENTION=12183]sithramir[/MENTION]I don't think those stats look too bad. You have a net bonus of +2 across your stats, before racial adjustments, so it's workable. Remember this is a return to old-school gaming. Part of the charm is working with what you get.

[MENTION=6800191]Spartain104[/MENTION]Did you have anything in mind? Helmut was a sergeant in the army and was born in the Domain of Greyhawk. Any thoughts on how they might have crossed paths?
If I have to keep those I can but can't play a str fighter so I'd have to rethink that. The net bonus isnt even +1 though since only one stat even gets +2..maybe ranger as an archer

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@airwalkrr - I'm finding a lot of my skills overlap between Cleric, Knowledge focus and Acolyte. Would you agree that trading Acolyte's "Insight" for "investigation" would apply, given that I'm a follower of Fharlanghn?

I'm trying to shore up my sheet today and will create it assuming you say "Yes". :) If not, I can edit it later.

Also, I'm going to have 5 extra languages total (1 half-elf, 2 Knowledge priest, 2 Acolyte). What's your take on learning Exotic languages?

I figure that Draconic and/or Celestial might be on tap (if Draconic is still the 'language of magic' and Celestial being the language of 'angels'). Sylvan might also be up if taught alongside Elven.

Last edited:

Remove ads