• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[RECRUITING] Romance Of The Three Kingdoms

What Era Should We Start In?

• Yellpw Turban Rebellion

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Anti-Dong Zhuo Coalition

Votes: 3 30.0%

possum

First Post
It is a time of chaos in Han-Era China. The Han Empire is crumbling, and it is a time for heroes in this troubled land. Who is up to the challenge to save the Han Emperor?

Game Rules

-Dungeons and Dragons 3rd. Edition
-Humans only, and keep magic to a minimum. Spell-casting classes are not available at the start, you have to learn any magical skill in game.
-Start at 2nd level with 6d6, drop lowest three.

Game Expectations

-Game will start in either 184 A.D. with the Yellow Turban Rebellion, or in 190 with the tyrant Dong Zhuo taking over the Han Emperor.
-Where we start is up to the results of the poll.
-Be expected for your character to die and be replaced by the eldest son (if it lasts that long.)
-Mixture of roleplaying, massive battles made possible by the Farland program, and your actions on the battlefield taken into account.
-You start off as a lowly soldier, with the opportunity to make your name legendary.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Hell yes I'm signing up for this!
How about we play at the end of the Yellow Turban rebellion (where we first meet as followers of one of the Five Tiger Generals) and then fast track to anti-Dong Zhuo coalition:D

Last edited:

Konyaha

First Post
I'd happily play, if you would allow an almost complete beginner to join the game. I'll refer to the PHB for help, but would most likely require assistance in most rounds :/.

However, you'd be doing me a great favour if you let me participated :-D

It's up to you, anyway. My msn address is wyonasbigbrownbeaver@hotmail.com

possum

First Post
Right now it's 1-1 (one vote on the Dong Zhuo doesn't count since there is no null vote so I can see the results.)

Yes, Konyaha, you can play. I would be glad to help.

As for being with the Tiger Generals, it's all up to you. You could join Liu Bei, Sun clan, or Cao Cao, it's all up to the group. The only thing I want to prohibit, is players serving different lords at the same time.

Berandor

lunatic
Hey, how often do you want people to post?
What is the farlane program?
Do players have to know about all the backgrounds, clans, etc?

Good Luck!

taitzu52

First Post
Wow. This is what I've been waiting for. Now I can play a General Kwan knock off!! Since a couple of my other games have fizzled, I think I'll have time to play here.

Lemme ask, my knowledge of the Romance of Three Kingdoms/Bandits of the Marsh/Journey West era is kinda broad. How specific do we need to be? A little spoon feeding may help, even for those slightly indoctrinated.

Also, I guessing that any Oriental Adventures material is not neccissary, right? Awesome!

TZ

possum

First Post
Not really broad, most of the knowledge will actually be presented.

For those searching for knowledge, kongming.net, 3kingdoms.net, and threekingdoms.com has a lot of great information.

OA stuff is allowed, but isn't it mainly japanese based.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
I vote for Yellow Turban. I'm definitely up for this. All that's really useful out of Oriental Adventures for a Chinese campaign would be the Shaman and Wu Jen classes, a few weapons, and a few monsters. So no, it's not really needed.

possum

First Post
As for knowledge on the clans, a little bit of basic knowledge on the Cao's. Xiahou's and the Han of the time is enough. I don't expect people to post once a day, but that would be nice.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads