• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting(still)][CoC] Kuro's sick and twisted game

doghead

thotd
I dug out some dice and decided to roll-up a character (took me while to remember how they work).

I used the best three of 4d6 and this is what I got. I took them as they came.

Str: 10
Dex: 10
Con: 13
Int: 13
Wis: 14
Cha: 16

Humm...

bruin

First Post
Hey doghead, I like your guy a lot. Between my kleptomaniac and Bruder, everyone in this campaign is already crazy; lol. By the way, do you have the rulebook yet? Lemme know if you want any help; maybe I can email you some of the basics (probably shouldn't be posting them here, though).

The Intelligence and Charisma scores should be helpful, since an automobile mechanic likely need those for skills relating to repairing, crafting, bluffing customers, or whatever. The Wisdom score is good as it'll give him a good sanity score. Though, from the sound of it, it won't take long for our characters to go crazy. More crazy than they already are, I mean:)

doghead

thotd
Rules? There are rules? I got the impression that Kuro is pretty much just going to throw at us whatever he dredges up from the bottom.

I just found out that he said that the players do need to know the CoC rules (I just went back to the first post). Between you , me and BB, I am not even sure which rules he is talking about. I'm just going to make it up as I go and see how long I can bluff it for.

I've been thinking about how some of the character stuff ties together and I'll edit it in later. But I kinda think that as the character does'nt really know I am quite happy to find out as we go along, Kuro willing. It could be interesting.:p

PS: Don't know about yours, but my character doesn't think that he is crazy. He's afraid that he might be going crazy. Pretending to be a samurai monster or to be able to read auras and s**t was cool when he used to role-play as a kid. But that s**t doesn't happen in the real world, right?

PPS: gotta remember to watch out for the PC smilies :D

Last edited:

bruin

First Post
Just FYI the book we're talking about is another d20 game, based on pretty much the same system as DND, with a sort of combined Player's Handbook/Dungeon Master's Guide/Monster Manual all in the same book.

I won't say anything more about the campaign setting since you're spoiler-free at the moment. I think you're right that it would be a lot more interesting to experience CoC without knowing much about it. Just role-playing your character without worrying about the technical stuff would be a great way to do it if Kuro is open to it. Too bad I'm already spoiled.:(

doghead

thotd
I got the feeling that not knowing about CoC would make it more interesting. It seems like the kind of game where not telling the players they are playing it could be an advantage. I played a Vampire game that way, setting it up as a Cyberpunk game.

Note: I've updated and added a bit to the character post. Not much but.

doghead

thotd
Hey Kuro, the new avatar is a little ummm ... easier to work out. The last one took me a while.

I'll get some skills up in a mo'. I'll just edit the old post again.

Edit: Rough draft up. I'm going to pull down the Modern SRD and fix it up.

Edit: Skills and Feats up.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Hey Bruin, seeing as you're the crim, I'm assuming that the run in with the police was all your fault.

First in best dressed. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads